Scammer who lived high life as fake Saudi prince gets outed by đŸ„“

That actually sounds pretty good. It’s gotta beat turkey ‘bacon’.

6 Likes

Agree there. This group of victims are a bit difficult to have too much sympathy over.

3 Likes

My takeaway from this thread is that I need to open a lamb “bacon” distributor in the Middle East stat.

5 Likes

If you look at his Instagram feed, he shows off his AMEX Black card that says “Al-Saud Group.” I’d love to know what that credit application looked like.

6 Likes

I will keep trying, but I think it was the cut as much as anything else. I’ve tried twice since, and only ended up with delicious lamb roast, no “bacon.”

3 Likes

Needs some boozahol to wash down the bacon.

2 Likes

Nope. Lamb is gamy. :nauseated_face: Bacon is holy. :star2:

Mmmm pretty sure not all the Saudi Royalty are devout Muslims. IIRC there are a lot of rich Saudi’s who drink and screw and probably eat bacon when not at home. Like most royalty, they use religion as a means to keep the populace in check. The rules don’t actually APPLY to them.

For example:

16 Likes

Makes me wonder why there aren’t bacons made with meat other than swine. The main ingredient of bacon is salt, which isn’t that hard to wrangle up as an ingredient.

1 Like

But that HAIRCUT didn’t cause any red flags???

5 Likes

Excellent point. But it’s not for everybody, this life in the fast loin. Sooner or later, he was bound to get the chop.

6 Likes

Yeah, that seems the least suspicious part of him. Privilege means getting to break the rules. What’s weirder is this beardless, not-at-all-Saudi-looking dude pulled it off to begin with.

I’m guessing similarly to other con-artists who impersonate people from wealthy families. They go somewhere where people don’t intimately know the family they’re pretending to be a part of. They scam some initial money, then flash that cash around as a means of convincing people they’re rich, which allows them to get money from others and rack up huge tabs for goods and services that they’re allowed because of that ostensible wealth and so it goes

I have a non-kosher Jewish friend who was traveling in Mexico with a friend of his who does (or at least did) keep kosher. They were in rural areas where they limited food choices - i.e. they ate what they were offered - and after eating some pork, the kosher fellow’s response reportedly was, “Wow, that was the best beef I’ve ever eaten!” My friend didn’t have the heart to tell him. (Probably also because he knew it was going to be an ongoing issue while they were there, too.)

There are. But the fat content and distribution on other animals isn’t the same, so fatty, salt and nitrite-cured cuts of other meat are not particularly similar, and a great deal of processing usually has to go on to make it at all reminiscent of pork bacon.

6 Likes

Naturally smoked less the nitrates and nitrites is pretty common fare in the stores these days.

mlt
(Click photo for clip on YouTube)

6 Likes

Eating bacon when posing as a Saudi Prince is a rash act; I can’t think of one that is rasher.

14 Likes

He looks more Saudi than I do, so I guess the rich prince life will never be for me. Check your vaguely middle eastern looking privilege!

4 Likes

I’ve had whale bacon a couple of times.
(One reason for eventually going full vegetarian. Smoked blubber =/= not my thing. Other’s like it, though.)

2 Likes

This reads like a barely-edited Wikipedia description of capitalism
The First Million is the Hardest!

8 Likes

Yeah
having seen rich Saudis out on the town in Bangkok, this kind of behavior wouldn’t raise any red flags with me. Those rules for good Muslim behavior seem to be no more than a bunch of pretty loose suggestions.

2 Likes

It’s the curing process/chemicals that makes bacon not just “sliced ham.”

3 Likes