Schadenfreude, 2023 edition

Any former Schadenfreude threads are now locked, so here’s a new one for the new year!

12 Likes

ETA: Audio NSFW, as is anything from Avenue Q

4 Likes
6 Likes

Wouldn’t the best Schadenfreude pie be someone else’s pie that was ruined when you snuck into the kitchen and secretly turned up the heat?

5 Likes

df20031022

7 Likes

That’s the closely-related Sabotage Pie. Schadenfreude Pie is when someone else’s pie is ruined and taste like ashes to them but tastes delicious to you.

10 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Between the 30 more days of detention and a Romanian politician’s daughter revealing DMs that Tate and/or his brother sent to her and her friends to try to groom/recruit them, things are not looking great. Which is…GREAT!

9 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

They better come out with some world changing research for all that money.

I’m one of the few that actually likes VR and wouldn’t mind having meetings in it rather than on Zoom. But I still don’t understand what on earth they’re doing over there that could cost this much. Are we sure Zuck isn’t funneling this into a volcano lair and world domination project of some kind?

9 Likes

For anyone interested in Australian politics this was a huge helping of sweet, sweet Schadenfreude served on a bed of lightly toasted joy and relief. It was lovingly served with a big bowl of fuck-you* to the previous government’s attempt to TERF their way back into power and I couldn’t stop giggling as I read it.

I read this over new year and frankly it felt like a second Christmas.

*serving suggestion only

(Edited for spelling. The previous government was definitely not precious)

10 Likes

So roughly double of what it would take, according to another TechBroTM billionaire, to end world hunger.

9 Likes

I’ve always just assumed that.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I shall endeavour to collect the rogues gallery of those you can’t even feel bad at yourself for laughing at when they are suffering. You know who they are:

Poor widdel Lachlan can’t go to protect his good name in court in Australia as his dad ensured that he hasn’t got one.

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

season 8 goodbye GIF

3 Likes
9 Likes