Fox Corp suffers massive share price drop on news of Tucker Carlson's departure

Originally published at: Fox Corp suffers massive share price drop on news of Tucker Carlson's departure | Boing Boing

8 Likes

GOOD.

34 Likes

Hey liberal activists… now is the perfect time to start up boycotts of Fox Sports, Tubi and Fox’s terrestrial stations with the current internal chaos going on at Fox Corp. It’s an amazing opportunity to sow discord in the house or Murdoch.

26 Likes

15 Likes

Nothing more useless than a chart with the Y-axis not shown. Well maybe the truth at FN

21 Likes

hear hear! and just because i’m a big fan of the abscissa, neither is the X-axis shown. So let’s assume an x-axis range: 3.1 microlustrums and y-axis range: 2.7% of the current stock value. Which is to say, the remaining Koch brother sold off a third of his fox"news" holdings. meh.

12 Likes

nelson-munz-ha-ha

5 Likes

There are indeed better charts available.

18 Likes

All the forums I’m in are explaining to me why this means that Fox actually won & why we should be outraged that the Left lost this round.

6 Likes

I think it’s more likely that Fox’s corporate heads went to the on air talent and said, “Ok, we have to dial it back a little. We’re not saying we’re going to be NPR all of a sudden, but you can’t keep the lying cranked up to 11 all the time. We can’t afford it.” And Tucker refused. Sure, an unrevealed sexual abuse scandal would also explain it, but I think the Dominion settlement alone is enough to explain this. Smartmatic also has a lawsuit pending, and Fox knows if something similar happens in the future, there will be more lawsuits and more settlements. They probably told the on air talent that they have to tone it down, and Carlson refused, thinking there was no way they’d get rid of their highest rated host. He was wrong. And if that is the reason, there won’t be any other dismissals, because the message will have been sent and received loud and clear by all other on air talent.

11 Likes

And they just ensured that Tuckums will squeal when testifying.

20 Likes

Fascinating how the stock price drop correlates with his sacking rather than the settlement of the lawsuit. These stockholders are forward-thinking types.

19 Likes

Don’t care why he was fired. Don’t care if anyone else was fired. Don’t care that he’ll go on to do the same work for somebody else.

Savor the win.

We don’t get them often enough So savor this fucking win.

29 Likes

:confused:

Sounds like you could use some new friends.

19 Likes

Aren’t those owned by Disney now?

1 Like

Disney got 20th Century Studios and the FX stations, but not Fox proper.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Tubi was purchased by Fox Corp a year after they sold 20th Century Fox to Disney.

3 Likes

Well in theory the change in valuation due to the lawsuit should have been factored in months ago when it became obvious that they were screwed.

I think it would be interesting to see if any insider trading ahead of the firing.

6 Likes

Dammit, Tubi is one of my favorite purveyors of crap. But it explains why they have so many contemporary Russian war movies/TV series on it

5 Likes