Fox News dumps Bill O'Reilly. He is officially out

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/19/fox-news-dumps-bill-oreilly.html

16 Likes

I can’t help but enjoy the inevitable Schadenfreude that’s going to arise from watching the inevitable feud with fox that will arise over this.

23 Likes

Ding dong, the witch is dead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Too soon :grey_question: :blush:

8 Likes

My schadenfreude proved short-lived upon finding out that Tucker Carlson is filling the vacuum. Nature (and Fox) may abhor a vacuum but I abhor Carlson.

Here’s hoping he (someday, probably under the duress of low ratings) invites Jon Stewart to his prime time shitshow.

28 Likes

Screw that guy. I happen to like bow ties.

18 Likes

Since Fox so readily replaced their top rated host, Megyn Kelly, with the odious Tucker Carlson, I’m apprehensive about the devil we don’t yet know who’ll replace O’Reilly.

9 Likes

Pulling this tweet from the BB round-up:

Quick oblique mention of the reason why they got rid of him, followed by a glowing summary of his popularity and success, as well as the “talent” of Fox’s cast. Only then do we get to the “btw we know it took 2 decades to ditch this asshole but we’re committed to your safety in the workplace” throw-away at the end. Nice. :rolling_eyes:

27 Likes

5 Likes

Those Long Knives aren’t quite as pleasant when they’re buried in your back, are they Falafel? And McCarthyite witch hunts aren’t looking as attractive to you as they did mere months ago.

Well, it’s off to daytime talk radio and a Wordpress site for you, boyo. Off you go, and don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

25 Likes

Papa Bear is going on a bender…

7 Likes

So they’ve got an opening for an angry white guy? I wonder if they could get Olbermann?

10 Likes

Meh - he should just retire at this point. I imagine a job where you need to be outraged all the time is soul sucking after awhile.

4 Likes

well, carlson stopped wearing bowties, right?
so we’re safe!

3 Likes

That would be, you guessed it: Tucker Carlson.

7 Likes

It was apparently a New York Times investigation that revealed how Fox had spent $13 million trying to cover this behavior up over the years.

Yay for real journalism!

31 Likes

And it cost them an additional $35 million.

Oh and 21rst Cent Fox stock just dropped .55%

22 Likes

Oh no, where ever shall I find out about things like the lesbian gang epidemic sweeping the nation?

18 Likes

You may be giving Mr. O’Reilly too much credit there…
:smiling_imp:

13 Likes

Crap! And I just renewed ParisBusinessReview.com for two more years. NOW what?

6 Likes

Capital P dangit
I like WordPress… :slight_smile:

4 Likes