School board member "jokes" that blue eyes are an important quality in superintendent candidates

Originally published at: School board member "jokes" that blue eyes are an important quality in superintendent candidates | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Ooh, a real world example of Jane Elliott’s blue eyes/brown eyes experiment. And it’s happening in the middle of a national replay of Ron Jones’ Third Wave experiment. Who says racism and Fascism aren’t educational?

13 Likes

The Who wrote a whole song about the burden of the blue-eyed.

5 Likes

Fascists like this see school boards, town councils, and county commissions as the front lines in their war on the rest of us. Once one gets elected they start poisoning the rest and trying to replace them with more Know-Nothing bigots.

18 Likes

As a native Kansan I’m happy to see people are finally stepping up against the right-wing folks and calling them out for their crap. We recently struck down the anti-abortion bill, and I think it’s really helping left leaning people see they aren’t alone in our state. I’m glad people are calling her out for her stupidity.

We have a long way to go, but it’s nice to see steps in the right direction.

16 Likes

The supreme irony here is that these assholes have likely passed through the same educational systems they’re trying to tear down. It’s like they didn’t learn anything. :man_shrugging:

As a decades-long resident, I agree.

14 Likes

Remember: if a child draws a rainbow flag, it’s indoctrination. It’s academic freedom if a school official removes it.

10 Likes

The occupation of millinery is declining due to the high preponderance of ass-hats.

6 Likes

…and indeed it’s been this way for a long time. Republicans figured out long ago that local politics in America are largely ignored. They spent decades quietly taking over school boards, water districts, local sheriffs, elected judges, town councils, state houses, etc. Initially it was about other things. For example they took over school boards in Texas to get creationism into science books. Being the largest market, Texas tends to dictate what the textbook publishers in America produce, so the creationists made a lot of headway here.

Now it’s about fascism, but the same strategy is being employed. Quietly take over all the local stuff that nobody cares about. In addition to the electoral college and other broken aspects of the US system, this is a large part of how the minority Right in America has so much more influence than they should.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.