"Protests" turn violent outside school board meeting

Originally published at: "Protests" turn violent outside school board meeting | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“…with a look at what fueled the outrage.”

I Wonder Emma Stone GIF by Saturday Night Live

21 Likes

The corporate media can try to both-sides it all they want, but the fact remains that American fascists have openly identified local school boards as one of their paths to power.

33 Likes

Why not identify the faces and see whether they even live in the school district?

8 Likes

Yep.

12 Likes

Correct.
And, they are the same people who were the covid protesters, etc as noted in these threads:

14 Likes

The press really, really, really loves them some Nazis.

13 Likes

And once they’ve tagged those people, they need to follow the money.

16 Likes

And (just predicting here) the response will be something along the lines of “if we give the terrorists what they want, that should make it all ok again.” Because that always works…

10 Likes

And they’re not doing too bad. We had to fight off a whole group of them in our district and one still made it on. They had 3-4 candidates in every single school board election around me and were only generally narrowly defeated. We also had one of the local newspaper’s owners printing a fake newspaper and delivering it weekly that contained completely made up stuff phrased in a Tucker kind of way but made to look as if it were a real newspaper, and said newspaper enthusiastically endorsed all the wingnuts.

You can complain about the President all you want, but local elections, all the way down to your HOA (yes, I said it) are far more important and relevant to your daily life than whatever is being done in Washington. There’s a LOT of important big picture stuff there, but local elections control your taxes, your utilities, your streets, your schools, etc etc etc.

15 Likes

The national and state GOP treats these offices as a “farm team” where it can identify and foster talent. The Republicans put money and support behind them. The DNC and state Dems , in contrast, just consider these races small potatoes and ignore them.

I’ll also recommend this podcast, which deals with the local offices the fascists are trying to take over.

https://www.bloomberg.com/bedrock-usa

11 Likes

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Yeah, sure… the current environment has literally nothing to do with the far right agitation and the ongoing targeting of LGBQT+ folks… /s

FFS… There is a well-established pattern of groups like the Proud Boys showing up to push these into violence. Doesn’t mean that local parents don’t get caught up in this, whatever their ethnicity. But I don’t think that every single parent involved were Armenian, or that means that this is an “Armenian” problem…

From your first video… the first speaker:

The second:

Not sure how you can insist that you know these are Armenian parents… the tik-tok is definitely an Armenian woman. But somehow I doubt she was the one causing the violence.

18 Likes

“Moms for Liberty”

15 Likes

I’m not sure how that’s relevant, nor exactly what an “American name” is.

9 Likes

I’ve heard this as well.
But the violence is coming from Proud Boys and other degenerates who have been working these types of things for some time. Please see the threads I posted above.
Two of the biggest degenerates were Tony Moon and Shiva Bagheri as well as assorted J6’rs.

17 Likes

Sadly, there are:

Some of us seem intent on perpetually overlooking all the inherent bigotry and fascism at hand…

14 Likes

TIL that some people think Armenians can’t be proud boys. And that they’re not Caucasian in some people’s minds.

Weird morning.

13 Likes

Because ingrained self hated somehow isn’t also a huge part of racism in the US; there were never any such things as overseers, kapos or trustees.

12 Likes

I mean… they are literally from the Caucasus region! White people are literally named for that! They’re like the original white people! And it was one of the first states to become a Christian state!

So very weird!

19 Likes

They have also been a traditional entry point into politics, with yesterday’s city council and school board members becoming today’s state and Federal leaders and legislators.

These freaks are poisoning the pool for the entire next generation of public servants. How many people will want to run for school board or city council when death threats from fascist protesters are a regular part of the bargain?

12 Likes