School evacuated due to bobcat which... wasn't

Originally published at: School evacuated due to bobcat which… wasn't | Boing Boing

5 Likes
12 Likes

Yup. Looks just like my Ruby, a Tabby with an docked tail (I got her that way from the shelter).

9 Likes

It MUST have been desperate for food and companionship if it went to a high school for either. My high school, at least, doesn’t bring up strong memories of a nurturing environment with good food.

3 Likes

Bob’s cat gets around.

9 Likes

10 Likes
5 Likes

Was it just a silly man who needs a shave and wears a fur coat?

2 Likes

Does this cat also have thumbs? Neat!

7 Likes

CAT FOUND IN SCHOOL CONFUSED FOR BOBCAT

That caption appears in the video.

So… they discovered a cat in a school and set about confusing the poor creature merely for the benefit of a bobcat?

Another skirmish in the American War on Prepositions.

…confused with

mistaken for…

Either would have worked better.

8 Likes

5 Likes

What would a bobcat do to a high school student? Give them rabies?

I figured they evacuated the school to protect the bobcat.

7 Likes

Especially since high school students are running around pushing bears off walls these days, who knows what they’d do to a bobcat

9 Likes

A bobcat out in a forested park isn’t going to bother high school age humans but I would guess a frightened bobcat that felt trapped in a school building could definitely attack and injure some students. I don’t know if bobcats specifically are common carriers of rabies or not and I wouldn’t trust my knowledge if I did, so I wouldn’t expect any different from school administrators.

3 Likes

an exotic breed that resembles the wild animal

If that actually was the animal in question in the video, then no, it really doesn’t.

When a bobcat wants you to do something, you do it, man.

Bobcats can fuck you up. Even if they’re not going to kill a healthy person, you’d need stitches after a confrontation. They’re wild carnivores several times larger and more powerful than housecats (which is part of why the misidentification here is so funny). They’re known to kill deer. Plus, yeah, rabies.

8 Likes

OK, I have 2 cats already. But umm where can I get a Clouded Jack?

I have Main Coon on my list too. I really like larger domestic kittys.

1 Like

7 Likes

Eh, they need to recruit some crazy cat ladies. Even I was able to tell that was a domesticated kitty in the photo.

Bobcat?

4 Likes