Scientists create new biodegradable batteries out of crabs

Originally published at: Scientists create new biodegradable batteries out of crabs | Boing Boing

4 Likes

No wonder we all become crabs in the end. They truly are nature’s greatest achievement.

And to think that taped door latch was all that was between us all becoming crabs.

3 Likes

Then to honor the “crabs” sacrifice, they should be named “crabbies”.

1 Like
4 Likes

Animated GIF

8 Likes

We put them in sideways, right?

17 Likes

Henceforth the name change from alligator clips to crab clips. The connectors are built in, after all.

3 Likes

Volta, the inventor of the electric battery, made some expeiment using frogs.
It’s a fact that in Northern Italy dishes rice with frogs and rice with crabs are a delicacy. Another delicacy is rice with saffron. So I suggest to try to make batteries with saffron to see if they charge faster or the like.

4 Likes

you know how expensive saffron is?!

3 Likes

Crabs be like. (Hidden due to impending crab death (sorry))

A sneak peak of what to expect from the crab focused reboot of The Matrix series

4 Likes

Scientists create new biodegradable batteries out of crabs

Do they go in my pants?

1 Like

I cook with it quite often so, yes, I absolutely do! Of course how does it compare with lithium, especially once you add in all the environmental costs associated with extraction, etc.? We can grow more saffron!

4 Likes

Dude, WHY!? No need for that.

4 Likes

Crab batteries. Taste like crab, work like batteries.

5 Likes

biodegradable batteries are cool. i just wonder how much we’ll have to shell out

8 Likes

F off. I’m a crab right now.

2 Likes

Will taste great with butter.

1 Like

I’m assuming that, in future, all phones will only work in landscape mode; bless the crabs!

6 Likes

I also predict the welcome return of side-scrolling video games.

9 Likes