Scientists discover second octopus city, population 15

Yeah but you have to remember they have distributed intelligence with each arm acting as a quasi independent entity so it’s kind of like having a city of 120.

4 Likes

For many years I’ve explained that I don’t eat calamari because I wouldn’t eat something smarter than most of the people I have to work with. They’re out for revenge!

5 Likes

Hmm. I would eat some of the people I have worked with.

1 Like

Don’t know the answer to your question. But regarding your thesis, you should check out:
E O Wilson’s The Social Conquest of Earth if you haven’t yet.

1 Like

They creep me out. They are like sentient, ragged face flannels with hidden eagle beaks and better camouflage abilities than a Ninja chameleon.

3 Likes

Someone needs a hug.
http://img40.laughinggif.com/pic/HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzMvNDQxMzI5MS9zd2ltbWluZy1vY3RvcHVzLW8uZ2lm.gif

6 Likes

I may have made a mess like a squid. Kind of…

4 Likes

I’m British, which gives me a license to innuendo. I’ll just snigger quietly over here in the corner.

2 Likes

Many of the big whales are pretty solitary, by necessity, because of food supply. There simply needs to be a fair amount of space between blues and fins or they will consume the entire food supply. Then again, they can communicate over such huge distances, they can be social from hundreds of miles away.

1 Like

Kevin: [approaching witness stand] Mr. Lucic, do you still maintain that your actions concerning Flight 138 are somehow justified?

Dave: [intensely] What would you have done? None of you can understand because none of you were there. You don’t think about what’s right and wrong when you’re just trying to survive. Right and wrong, those are just words… they don’t mean anything! When you look around at you and all you can see is death! And all you can feel is the hunger. What would you have done?

Kevin: [removing glasses] We’re not talking about a plane crash in the Andes here, sir. You never got off the runway. We are talking about a delay! You are the sole survivor of a 35 minute delay!

Dave:[sobbing a bit] 35 minutes I will never forget!

Kevin: You ate 112 of your fellow passangers. You could have eaten just one, but no, you ate a little bit of each passagner… WHY?!?

Dave: [turing to Judge]Your honor, I am not an experienced cannibal! I did not get on that plane expecting to eat ANYONE! I simply tasted a little of each in the hopes that the next one would taste better! I’m sure your honor has done the same thing with a box of chocolates.

Scott: No, I haven’t. My wife does and I hate it when she does that!

Dave: [off camera] Oh.
http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/four/cannibal.html

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.