Scientists send 1000s of pairs of underwear to volunteers, who will bury them in their backyards

Chungers go Downunder in the pursuit of science subject to brief exhumation to check they are indeed past it and no longer fit for purpose. Your science tax dollars at work for the betterment of humankind!

@jeddak Real or Dracula’s?

If my neighbors saw me digging a hold in my yard and depositing a pair of underwear in them, I guarantee that in short order the police would break down my door, there would be hounds sniffing my car, house, and yard, and I’d be held on suspicion of crime that never occurred.

As Brian Posehn once said, some us guys just can’t do certain things, like digging in the yard at night.

3 Likes

They eat the underpants with ravenous hunger.

2 Likes

So … Underpants Gnomes. They’re finally real? :astonished:

2 Likes

Step 3: Sell in Japanese vending machine

5 Likes

Instant publicity?

1 Like

A proper study would compare - after 30 days - the vitality of ordinary soil with that of a similar hole filled with garden variety compost, and then contrast that with the results from buried used cotton y-fronts and for good measure, used undies that had been stuffed into a cow horn and topped off by the manure of grass-fed cows and exhumed in the light of a full moon.
I wonder how socks would go? Some of mine should be buried.

1 Like

You do realise if you turn them inside out you can get a whole month of wear out of them.

2 Likes

The gnomes have finally figured out step two, which is Secure Research Grant.

5 Likes

Here’s a better project: donate 1000s of pairs of underwear to local shelters.

2 Likes

I believe I read that line in one of those “bad sex in literature” threads.

2 Likes

“the ringer cannot look empty”

1 Like

The daughter of a friend of mine does water quality monitoring for a big city. It’s hard to collect stormwater samples from all over the city around approximately the same time during the height of storm run off. Her solution? Tampons. She ties and secures them at high-water marks the day before a storm. Then collects and analyzes the next day for wastewater markers.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.