Scientology leader David Miscavige is reportedly missing

Hahahahahaaha. It’s a rust bucket, seriously past its lifespan, and tiny compared to the cruise ships that dock beside it.

NormanShit

13 Likes

It would bring profound joy were this to permanently end that evil cult.

8 Likes

Here’s the soundtrack for that gif :smile::notes:

5 Likes

Palestine 30AD
Peter, “And then, Jesus, like, overthrows the tables and takes a scourge to the moneylenders…”
Jesus, “That sounds totally badass, Pete; I wish I was really that cool.”
Peter, “You will be, J; you will be. We just need to work out the faking your death bit.”

7 Likes

Judging by the quality of Hubbard’s writing, it’s the latter all the way. Just how intelligent people fall for the whole Scientology bullshit is truly beyond my understanding.

10 Likes

Wasn’t this an episode of The Mentalist? I swear it was…

the mentalist smile GIF

8 Likes

IIRC this one, right?

9 Likes

It’s all such a weird parody of the military officer corps that Hubbard had previously been part of

Do Scientologists own guns?

They sound more like a militia than a church

10 Likes

Once the money is spent and they can’t get it back, people are inclined to believe that whatever it is they paid for must somehow be worth it :alien:

11 Likes

It’s not really that hard to hide from a process server, particularly if you are a person of means who has several layers of security insulating them from anyone they don’t want to interact with. He lives in a huge secured compound filled with cult members who have pledged a billion years of unconditional service, so it would be a simple matter to get people to cover for him or send a heads up whenever someone who looks like a potential process server shows up at the front gate.

9 Likes

They’re cautious about process servers since that time a team of them snuck into a year-end event dressed as Santa and his helpers. Top execs and celebrities handed papers by an elf and told “You’re served!”! :rofl:

Plus, it’s well known that David Miscavage is a disaster on the stand and in depositions. Now that the smoke screen that he’s somehow not the leader of Scientology has blown away, when he’s tagged, making him part of a lawsuit, Scientology always settles.

eta: He doesn’t stay at Int Base any more.

11 Likes

When you put it like that, it really, really, REALLY makes me want to try and start my own. I mean, fuck if it’s that easy, why not start your own religion???

6 Likes

Hubbard gave himself a navy, the Sea Org, to compensate for his inglorious career in the real navy. The Sea Org is the elite of Scientology and everyone in a real position of authority is a member.

4 Likes

More than guns

ETA: ISTR something about a rocket launcher at some point, but my google fu failed me on that.

6 Likes

… stabbentology :confused:

5 Likes

Closer than you think. One of the hits was “Scientology has a problem with sword deaths”

6 Likes
8 Likes

I know you are kidding, but I think you would have a very hard time. From what I have seen in your posts here I think that the exploitation of your followers, the constant lying, and the horrible things you would have to do would eventually wear you down.

It’s easy to underestimate just how much of a complete psychopath you have to be in order to implement this kind of thing

16 Likes

12 Likes

No no, he’s not missing.

He’s an Operating Thetan. If you spend enough hundreds of thousands (or maybe millions) of dollars on auditing your engram, you too can gain powers including power of invisibility and teleportation.

4 Likes