Scientology leader David Miscavige is reportedly missing

Yup, i listened to it all after a recommendation on here (possibly from you) and it’s absolutely wild the kinds of things they both experience. Genuinely worth anyone’s time.

8 Likes

based on several real-life cults including Scientology

great cast including Hugh Dancy as a Miscavige-like character

5 Likes

A well above avg friend joined them. Married another scientologist, both were working for them, sent their kids to scientologist “schools” - the whole shebang.

He never felt like he belonged. His mom died young when he was just a kid, his dad was distant AF, his stepmother was a horror, they’d moved around a lot - so no long friendships, and there was lots more trauma.

He was looking for Home and an Actual Support System.

Poor fucker got a cult instead. Heartbreaking.

16 Likes
7 Likes

“Shot by sword wielding man…” hmmm, headline needs work.

10 Likes

Zelda sword beam

13 Likes

An odd incident. At the time, he had no sword or gun, so the police were forced to shoot themselves.

9 Likes

the two Inglewood police officers say that what made them feel threatened was that Statler, 30, was sitting in a chair with his hands in his pockets and wouldn’t take them out.

It must be tough to go through life so scared that literally anything is so threatening that you need to cling to your gun for protection.

edit: typos

9 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve started watching season 1 on Amazon; so I might be able to get back to you with an answer. Thanks for the recommendation. :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

USA politicians are pretty cheap, receiving much lower bribes than their counterparts in other countries. Yes, Murkans – for bargains, shop at home.

Tough film to watch… but it will never be in my ‘sell’ pile.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.