Scott Pruitt quits EPA after corruption exposed by staffers. His resignation letter to Trump is bonkers

Link fixed.

3 Likes

I’m happy he is resigning and all…but I want convictions and people who will flip on 45, not resignations. I am not happy with playing whack a mole.

35 Likes

Coinkydinkally, I just played that video for my wife last night. If I hadn’t, I might not have gotten the joke. But, well played, sir.

So, anyway, now we can have an EPA administrator who is just as bad, but will do everything under the radar, because he won’t be as entertaining. Is this a victory? Well, perhaps, perhaps not.

5 Likes

Agreed, there’s an endless supply of people like him. Just resigning isn’t enough. There needs to be serious an pulbic consequences.

11 Likes

bth

25 Likes

I’m all for both…but unfortunately we’ve gotten resignations and nothing else. Hopefully it changes in another 6-9 months.

5 Likes

Even better than:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say “nothing” else. Did you see that Cohen is now expected to be the latest major player to flip on Trump? Plus Manafort is in jail. Hopefully he’ll have more company soon.

16 Likes

I saw. he removed his connections to 45 and such and stated he is doing what is best for his family and country and all that.

Again…hoping for the best, I just want results at this point.

7 Likes

It is expected that E.P.A. deputy Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist who shares Mr. Pruitt’s zeal to dismantle climate change regulations, will act as the agency’s leader until a new administrator is nominated by Mr. Drumpf & confirmed by the Senate.

Which may be never given Dolt-45’s terrible track record in filling vacant seats in other agencies. On the other hand, Pruitt demonstrated that the EPA has a lot of potential for graft and the “president” has plenty of similarly sleazy cronies with an eye for the main chance.

8 Likes

Well, I suppose this is one way to drain the swamp.

Starring in Democratic campaign videos.

FTFY

9 Likes

Which video? I was wondering what that was about… I chalked it up to “Poe’s Law” before I saw your response.

2 Likes

Sooooo much god talk in his resignation letter. It’s sickening. Bless this, bless that, god’s providence, etc, etc… WTF?

tenor

15 Likes

Sadly the response from some of Il Douche’s fans is going to resemble this rant almost word for word. Perhaps in the form of a tearful video posted on Facebook.

He’s setting himself up as a martyr for Prosperity Jeebus. The slimier the conservative, the more he likes to play the pious victim of secular humanist liberals. The evangelicals will eat that BS up and he knows it.

17 Likes

Another good thought:

16 Likes

“…Godspeed to all you put your hand to.” Barf.

Is that like super-fast-masterbation for christians?

16 Likes

Don’t let the smog hit you on the way out…

8 Likes

It’s his joke, so I hate to steal the fun, but what the hey. Do a search for “Leave Britney alone”, and you’ll find a video from a few years ago gone viral.

4 Likes

Good riddance.

But with no more presidential cabinet-level protection, though.

Karma has a nasty sense of humor sometimes…

13 Likes