Scott Pruitt quits EPA after corruption exposed by staffers. His resignation letter to Trump is bonkers

Where ever will dear leader find a suitable replacement?

11 Likes

His resignation letter read more like “witness worship” at the Baptist church Sunday morning. I think they better check the petty cash drawer at EPA before they let Pruitt leave the building (and check his pockets for pens).

13 Likes

From the woman who confronted Pruitt in Teaism the other day:

35 Likes
6 Likes

Assuming you’re not being sarcastic- No. You don’t get to be a corrupt public official and retain the right to be left alone by the public

ETA - apparently that was a referrence I didn’t get. Opps, that’ll teach me for replying before reading the rest of the thread.

4 Likes

Jumped before he was pushed (into a cell)? Ha ha, I wish.

A coal lobbyist. Seriously. Though it should be said that Wheeler is only acting head, and claims he doesn’t want the job on a permanent basis. I’m sure they’ll find another coal lobbyist soon to take over more permanently (i.e. until he “resigns” or is indicted).

She’s way ahead of you:
( beaten to it by @anon48584343 Akimbo_NOT )

Amen.

8 Likes

(that’s almost free in DC BTW)

10 Likes

Scandal Shmadal. He figured he wasn’t paid enough t be an asshole. He is now free to be the asshole that he is for a WAY larger salary.

8 Likes

Just because he’s leaving doesn’t mean the investigations of his corruption stops.

20 Likes

Right.

Merely quitting won’t shield him from any forthcoming charges…

14 Likes

Trump needs to snap his fingers a few more times.

2 Likes

https://democrats-oversight.house.gov/news/press-releases/cummings-releases-new-excerpts-from-interviews-with-pruitt-s-top-aides

"First, we have obtained evidence that a dinner meeting Mr. Pruitt had in Rome with Cardinal George Pell was removed from his public schedule—under the direction of Mr. Pruitt’s Chief of Staff, Ryan Jackson—after Cardinal Pell was charged with sexual assault. Based on the interviews our staff members have conducted, it is possible that other meetings, including with lobbyists, also may have been omitted from Mr. Pruitt’s public schedule if they were deemed “personal.”

on and on…

14 Likes

If he thinks the resignation is going to stop people accosting him in public he’s in for a surprise. He was instrumental in delaying if not reversing much needed action on addressing climate change over a critical year and a half period. For all that Reagan’s Secretary of the Interior James Watt is still remembered and reviled by Gen Xers like myself as an anti-environmentalist clown, we won’t have to live with the worst consequences of Pruitt’s malfeasance and irresponsibility like younger people know they will.

22 Likes

Good riddance! I hope I meet him someday so I can spit in his face personally. What an enormous sack of human waste gone.

2 Likes

Apparently, Pruitt used the phrase, “serve you” multiple times in his resignation letter. He’s supposed to be serving the American people and the constitution. This probably shows why Trump wouldn’t fire him-he’s the most lick-spittly lick-spittle in DC.

9 Likes

While it’s good to see that evil, bible-spewing ass-hat go down, it changes nothing; the EPA is still being stripped to the bone, with vultures gnawing at the bone.

Trying to reverse all the damage that driveling dunderwhelp in the WH is doing is going to take a century at least, if we even last that long.

4 Likes

No, he is blessing all of the pussy that doth be grabbed

3 Likes
3 Likes

That about sums it up, yeah.

26 Likes

Dear, sweet, many-tentacled lord! I go off the grid for a day and when I come back, my fondest (okay, second-fondest) wish has been granted!?

I’m afraid I have no choice. When I am done typing this, I will hike into the pine barrens wearing only my lucky socks and a MAGA jock strap. 45 should be gone by the end of August.

15 Likes