Scott Pruitt quits EPA after corruption exposed by staffers. His resignation letter to Trump is bonkers

Must have been hard to dictate this resignation letter to his secretary with face in Trump’s asshole the whole time.

… and thank goodness the rumors of Pruitt being kept around so Trump could fire Sessions and end the Mueller investigation didn’t come to fruition.

6 Likes

I’m reminded of this, from Doonesbury:

17 Likes

And he just willingly gave up all that taxpayer-funded security detail; I almost pity the fool, but he doesn’t deserve any.

18 Likes

Yes. But so far those are the low level players we never cared about.

I don’t care that Fredo gets locked up or not. I want Don Corleone behind bars!

1 Like

Scotty Pruitt: Flaming Asshole Level Achieved

9 Likes

However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

You heard it from the horse’s mouth, folks: the public shaming is working.

28 Likes

This resignation is an awesome example of ass kissing. I’m estimating it to be #ShouldersDeep.
https://t.co/TsDZfOe1PZ

2 Likes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/e-scott-pruitt-3b771653

tiny progress? but the only problem is the newsmedia doesn’t report at all how the EPA is being slaughtered and instead of trying to give us clean air and water, they are getting in bed now with the polluters, setting them up for decades

also he is going to escape all prosecution? is that okay? granted it’s not like escaping prosecution for the iraq war but still, crime of power is crime against the people

ps. random news, remember Ed Schultz from MSNBC? He passed away. (that they fired after he started speaking out against their coverage against Hillary)

4 Likes

Looks like Pruitt’s replacement is a real piece of work as well.

Sort of like how we went from the bumbling fuckery of Reagan to the scary fuckery of Bush.

9 Likes

Yep. Pruitt’s “failing” wasn’t screwing over the country, world, or environment. It was being dumb enough to attract unwanted controversy while doing it.

8 Likes

This, this, so, so much this!

24 Likes

Uh, no…
…blessed be the hand that doth the grabbing.

1 Like

Some of God’s closest friends seem to be assholes.

13 Likes

Out of touch much?

It might not be well written, but this makes perfect sense to pretty much any fly-over american who goes to church.

2 Likes

That resignation letter reads like Trump wrote it while doing his best impression of a mid-western Jesus freak, then had it fixed up by a staff member.

This is the full text:

Mr. President,

It has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why it is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

Your Faithful Friend,
Scott Pruitt

Repetitive: “Bless” x3. “Serve” x2 Edit: “Bless/Blessed” x4. “Serve/Service” x9, “You/Your” x24! And it directly addresses some of the stuff Trump is especially insecure about, stuff even his supporters have criticized: “…is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace,” ha!

10 Likes

Hmm. Does anyone know if it was a particular mattress he wanted, from a particular room, from a particular date, with his splooge on it?

What happened to service to the country, you terrific asshat?

(Though maybe this makes sense if you read “serving” as “servicing”?)

(My thanks and apologies to @AllegedSausageRoll for posting the whole letter.)

25 Likes

A “Trump Home Luxury Plush Euro Pillow Top” - preferably without the waterproof mattress cover.

2 Likes

This. Pruitt’s replacement will have learned how to keep out of the headlines.

2 Likes