Scott Pruitt's $4.6m "security" bill includes a $1500 worth of taxpayer-funded "tactical pants"

4 Likes

Because they are planning ahead for when they do serious, lasting environmental harm and the “people” come banging on the door with murder in their eyes?

As for the cost of all this, heck guys. It’s only money. Pruitt knows a guy who can print him some more.

1 Like

a brownish yellow hoodie!?! my god how dare you diss a slurms mackenzie hoodie!

Good to know. That’s not bad at all.

“wear-resistant nylon-blend pants, black” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.

Hey look on the bright side at least he is trying to buy “The Emperor’s New Suit”. I wonder if the of Pope Mobile is for sale. Or maybe we can just get a human sized bullet proof hamster ball for him.

You left out how thread count beyond 400 doesn’t noticably affect quality, that there are long pull varieties other than Egyptian (if it’s American grown it’s likely the Pima variety) and that my mother is ugly.

Yeah, good Cordura stuff isn’t as expensive and it will last a seriously long time. I’ve got some stuff made out of the heavy fabric they sheathe firehoses in, and it has lived up to the durability promised by the manufacturer. 70 bucks for a pair of pants that I wore one to three times a week for five years, and they still look presentable, they just don’t fit very well anymore.

Above 400 doesn’t produce any noticeable difference for your body, but that’s not an indication of quality. I’ve got a Russian surplus plash palatka that’s made from very coarse threads. It’s not the sort of thing most folks would consider to be a “luxury” fabric, but it’s not uncomfortable, and as far as quality goes, it is nigh-indestructible, and has been through hell and back since the time that I got it years ago, clearly used. That includes traipsing through countless miles of off-trail wilderness, sleeping on it, under it (both as a light blanket and as a tent), being used to facilitate the collection of firewood, you name it. It’s easily 50 years old and the most I’ve had to do is sew some of the wooden pegs back on.

I was encapsulating all ELS cultivars, regardless of origin or exact variant by saying “ELS cultivars” since there’s more than one, including American Pima varieties.

As for your mom, I’m sure she’s a pretty classy lady, and you don’t seem bad yourself.

I love that Cartoon!

6 Likes

Space Force Tactical Pants:

1 Like

Lets be fair, it sounds silly even if you are familiar with them.

I have a couple tactical button down shirts. The pockets are just superior for what I need in a shirt.

I used to know a guy who could (and would) deploy tactical farts; no special trousers needed.

Well, the pockets would need to be superior to safely hold tactical pens. Pretty sure those tactical pens would rip right through civilian shirts, pants and back packs. Tactical everything is a must! :smiley:

(I was going to add some nonsense about “tactical” condoms, but I’m afraid to Google the term for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is that someone is probably marketing them already. I’m just going to assume Rule 34 applies… :-/ )

1 Like

Possibly Trump’s inspiration for Space Force. :thinking:

I heard it was so the Navy can deposit seamen, on Uranus.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.