EPA-hating EPA chairman Scott Pruitt wants to spend millions on 24/7 bodyguards

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/04/13/courage-of-his-convictions.html

1 Like

Why would threatening people’s children with slow, painful deaths from lead poisoning make anyone want to hurt you?

37 Likes

I saw this story earlier, illustrated with a picture of the Swiss Guard.

13 Likes

Doesn’t he already have the protection of his patron saint? Have a little faith in old Hexxus, my man.

21 Likes

I can’t believe they still make them dress like 15th century jesters…

Actually now that I think about it basically the Vatican is cosplay all the time

16 Likes
9 Likes

Is anyone shocked by this? The entire POTUS cabinet is this privileged upper crust who simply put are so accustomed to being pampered and coddled through life, they must carry it over into their new political careers, with one primary difference: They do not have to pay for it anymore!!! It used to be a tax write off for them…now they can just have the Tax payers pay for it directly!!!

28 Likes

I dunno, anyone holding a long weapon with a wicked blade near the end of it isn’t going to jest about much?

5 Likes

My question is would the security guards help anyhow? Meaning if someone attacks, would the guards actively try to stop them or just look like they are trying to stop the person?

8 Likes

I understand they’re highly trained killers in those clown suits.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Found a pic of one

7 Likes

I’d say a lot of this is his own paranoia, plus a desire to malign anyone who opposes him, “I’m not safe, those crazy liberals will kill me!”

19 Likes

He just wants to make sure pie throwers and glitter bombers are dealt with with extreme prejudice.

14 Likes

Hey buddy…hows’about yous worry about protecting the environment, capisce?
If yous don’t take care of the fishes they won’t be sleeping alone if you catch my drift…

Seriously, the only reason he is in danger is because he cares more about protecting his own hide than the welfare of the entire planet. go team orange narcissists!

19 Likes

Yeah, I dare you to walk up to one of them and say in either French or German, “Dude, you look like a court jester, did you know that?”

Or are they like the Buckingham Palace Guards, not being able to show expression whilst on duty?

4 Likes

Gee, and we thought Nixon was paranoid…these folks take it to a whole new level!

5 Likes

I think I would prefer to yell from a safe distance.

Edit: In Flemish.

7 Likes

Who’s gonna’ protect him from his security detail?

6 Likes

Or he could, you know, get rid of anyone on the left and replace them with his own people…

1 Like