Scottish barmen replace kilts with trousers because patrons were grabbing their penises

It’s not a new thing. I was seriously warned off wearing a kilt as formal attire to a University do by a friend who’d done it previously and suffered much drunken junk checking. Which was a shame as I’ve apparently got a (tenuous) claim to be able to wear Clan Gunn tartan and fancied giving it a try …

It’s traditional to go commando, so the up-kilt junk checking happens whether or not boxers are worn.

And comfy boxers are not always that much harder to get out the way than a kilt for all they are worth.

1 Like

I never got a check. :cry: but I did get asked. What I wanna know is why it was like 90% men that asked?

I want to imagine they were forcibly hauled out and beaten in the alley behind the pub before, but probably not.

1 Like

I will say that females in the service industry have been putting up with worse for longer.

3 Likes

Heh, did you read the article? It’s not men doing the harrassing there.

1 Like

The correct plurals of “penis” are “penises” and “penes”, but the latter is only used formally or by the insufferably pretentious.

6 Likes

That explains the deafening silence from the usually vocal harassment critics.

6 Likes

I wonder if they’ve given due consideration to a more traditional remedy to kilt-disrespect?

Some woad and a gratuitously brutal looking claymore should improve the tact of the rabble considerably.

3 Likes

My idea involves a strategically-placed mousetrap.

8 Likes

The implications of a misfire are wince inducing.

10 Likes

Hence: Strategy.

3 Likes

Actually, I think showing some woad would just be rewarding them.

2 Likes

On a serious note, groping is disgusting.

On a funny note… May I suggest caltrops?

3 Likes

That would be a very, very, logical approach for someone of your name. Seems reasonable.

1 Like

Actually, Dick’s Six would be an applicable title.

Good work @Medievalist & @pbasch

2 Likes

Hope you remembered the boots.

2 Likes

Or mounting the mousetrap on a jock strap.

2 Likes

Welp, I’ve been to Inverness (16 years ago) and I don’t remember it being anywhere near that… interesting. I don’t think I went in a bar while there, and it was only for a day… It did have an amazing second hand book shop in an old church, though.