SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

9 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

Sure funny how it has turned out that the whole time Clarence Thomas was dependent on some one giving him a check though.

10 Likes

FIFY.

5 Likes

Ginni isn’t a Supreme Court Justice. We all know who the checks are really for.

13 Likes

Ginni and Clarence subscribe to traditional patriarchal values, which means the buck stops with him. And I’m not fond of letting irresponsible men pretend women corrupted them.

13 Likes

And what they really are for.

But hey, as long as they get swank vacations and lux gifts amirite?

4 Likes

I hope the modicum of comfort I still get in how bad AI-generated images can be lasts for a good long while.

Screenshot_20230505_174534_Brave

6 Likes

not only that, he avoided taking care of his aunt; leaving that to his sister. his sister buffered him from the reality of american healthcare, and made it possible therefore to complete law school

and then he throws her under a bus to rise even higher. lovely

7 Likes

10 Likes

I always watch the Brooks and Capehart segment on PBS news on Fridays… Brooks hangs out with Crow, and sort of downplayed the seriousness of this (without sound like he was doing so)… :roll_eyes: I’m truly shocked…

10 Likes

Threads inside of threads…

5 Likes

One sign of a failed state is that networks of favors and obligations among friends begin to subsume the formal institutional pathways of power in government. As much as Americans like to complain about bureaucracies, they operate by a set of published rules, and compliance with those rules is supposed to be transparent to the public. Disclosure promotes public confidence. The consent of the governed is obtained through trust that the system is fair and subject to meaningful oversight.

But when elites—both corporate and political—conduct their affairs through “friendly” exchanges of favors and gifts, the result is corruption that can render democracy nonfunctional. Think Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall in mid-19th-century New York, or the Daley Machine in mid-20th-century Chicago. Scaled up to the federal level, this kind of cronyism is extremely dangerous for a system based in the shared public faith that justice is available, impartially, to all.

7 Likes
12 Likes

Another useless sternly worded letter from Democrats.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to him getting a letter from the IRS. :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

Yep. Someone owes a gift tax. At the very least.

14 Likes

Huh, fancy that. Thomas was there at the swearing in.

3 Likes

if thomas does ever leave the supreme court, i wonder how shocked he’ll be at all the “friends” that no longer return his phone calls

6 Likes