Scunthorpe Sans, a self-censoring font

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/11/scunthorpe-sans-a-self-censor.html

4 Likes

And what about

these? B*M

B*TTY

P*X

KN*CKERS

KN*CKERS

W**-W**

SEMPRINI

3 Likes

But does it detect ‘■■■■■’?

And how many clbuttic mistakes does its detection make?

7 Likes

And of course it makes all the classic errors censorbots always do, like preventing you from talking about a recipe where you have to spatchc*** a turkey, or a mechanic needing to specify the cost of repairing a w***el rotary engine.

5 Likes

This will put the Penis Bird on the endangered species list.

cf The Scunthorpe Problem

4 Likes

Came to ask the same question. Left satisfied.

A working wankel rotary engine is a real swanky thing. Widow Twanky had a Mazda with one, I seem to recall.

ETA and then there’s the Dikwankwetla Party of South Africa - yes, a political party whose name starts with dikwank. Non-english languages can be a great source of juvenile fun! :wink:

Amazing idea, but “Balls”? Really?

1 Like

Thank you. Speaking as someone who used to live just across the bridge from the place, Scunthorpe isn’t too bad, there are worse places. At least, there must be, somewhere.

1 Like

Apparently, appreciating S*** ake mushrooms, or checking my wrist***ch, is no longer allowed in polite company.

3 Likes

“British Military Fitness” has changed its URL from britmilfit.com for some reason.

4 Likes
1 Like

Wasn’t all that naughty, just didn’t format properly. (But what about semprini?)

OUT !

I hope you aren’t eating S***ake mushrooms. Shiitake, however, can be quite tasty.

3 Likes

2 Likes

That w***el engine was really running b***s-out!

From what I’ve heard, bonny Sconny is … pretty nondescript. Not a bad place, just … words fail me. It’s a place. Played-out steel town in Lincolnshire. It can’t be all bad if it produced Iain Matthews.

And Joan Plowright. But it lacks the Mediterranean charm of Grimsby, the cosmopolitan vibrancy of Hull, and the pronunciational difficulty of Thorgumbald.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.