Seagull swoops down and eats man's tongue after woman bites it off in brawl

These comments, from this community, are exactly what I needed today. Thanks for the laughs and mild disgust, all.

12 Likes

Nightmare fuel. Nightmare fuel all the way down.

2 Likes

pretty sure i still have mine somewhere. U Stink But I Luv U!

8 Likes

Don’t mess with the Scots!

FREEEEDUMMMMMMM!!!

1 Like

Speed dating.

4 Likes

Actually, this whole story is unbelievable. Like, fights that end in kissing don’t usually end in violent tongue-biting. Those that do don’t usually end with bits of tongue coming off - I mean, try biting raw meat in anger and see how far you get. Now try biting uncooked tongue in the possession of someone who doesn’t want to share bits of it with you… and a seagull? Argument from incredulity I know, but, you know, I’m incredulous, so there.

3 Likes

Is Chelsea not in England?

“Glasgow Smile” is the most widely used version.

6 Likes

Huh. TIL.

I’m sure it’s a regional thing, other variants apparently include “Cheshire Grin” and “Buck 50”(?)

3 Likes

Funny thing is that I learned Chelsea Smile from a Chilean. I’d never heard of any of the other variants until today.

1 Like

All I know is that I never want to pass out in a pub in Chelsea, Cheshire or Glasgow.

6 Likes

Nor get in a street fight in Edinburgh, it seems.

5 Likes

Seagull > Cat

This has to be some kind of personal headline pinnacle for you Rob @beschizza

:grin:

8 Likes

Leaving your house in Carlisle on the Friday before Christmas (Black Eye Friday) is also a bad idea.

I once had to go do some food shopping in the early afternoon, I thought it was early enough that there wouldn’t be any problems. There were people fighting in the streets at three PM. I got home safely, but I still won’t do last minute shopping at Christmas.

10 Likes

I’d never heard of that tradition! I’ll keep in mind if I never decide to move to the UK!

3 Likes

Most places are OK, Carlisle is just far worse than most. I can understand why the Government took over the pubs during the first world war until the 1970s.

5 Likes

Edinburgh - amiright?

So… avoid Carlisle, then!

Honestly, if I were going to move to the UK, I’d want to either live in Wales or somewhere in Scotland (I’d avoid the Seagulls and people who bite off tongues)… though I think I’d prefer Ireland over the UK anyway. That’s my ethnic nationalism showing, though.

3 Likes