Sean Hannity revealed as Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's client number 3

CNN: Hannity named as Cohen’s client.
BBC: Hannity named as Cohen’s client.
ABC: Hannity named as Cohen’s client.
NBC: Hannity named as Cohen’s client.
MTV: Hannity named as Cohen’s client.
CBS: Hannity named as Cohen’s client.
FOX: PANDAS ARE FKING LIKE CRAZY YOU GUYS!!

45 Likes

Both true.

Comment found on the Washington Post story:

Who will play Hannity on SNL?

Reply:

An under-cooked salmonella-laced ham.

:joy:

20 Likes

I have been wondering for a while if Hannity had some skeleton in his closet just dying to get out. Maybe this is it, maybe there’s something bigger still in the shadows, or maybe there’s nothing, but Hannity’s personality makes me think he’s got something damning hidden away.

Ignoring Hannity for a second, the possibility that Davidson, the lawyer for the two women, was working in tandem with Cohen, the lawyer for the two men, is a big problem. Both women got paid so it’s hard to say Davidson was working against his own clients, but if he and Cohen were both trying to keep the payments as low as possible then . . . ?

9 Likes

Or is Tucker Carlson eagerly reporting on this Hannity stuff while he eyes Hannity’s chair?

5 Likes
15 Likes

Is this what it looked like when Rome burned?

4 Likes

Neither a lawyer nor an American, but AIUI, that’s the kind of thing that gets you disbarred, at best. It’s hideously unethical, and I would not be surprised if it also was seriously illegal.

6 Likes

Why did a judge order the identity to be released? That seems weird.

2 Likes

I hear you, Sean. All of my discussions with attorneys never involved any third parties either. Just me and my attorney, shooting the breeze about absolutely no one. Good times.

12 Likes

I didn’t think that piece did a great job of describing the whole thing, but it was labelled “Part 3” so I went back and looked at the previous parts.

One of them contains a tidbit about how Michael Cohen became Broidy’s lawyer. So the unnamed woman in that case had Davidson as a lawyer, Davidson contacted Cohen, and Cohen contacted Broidy offering to represent him.

Obviously this Davidson guy has some connections in terms of Playboy models and adult film stars, and Cohen has some connections in terms of rich people who want to cover up affairs, so them meeting more than once isn’t too far-fetched to entertain, but that story is shady af (as the kids say).

7 Likes

Also, he should ask one of his lawyers to explain why palming someone $10 is neither necessary nor sufficient to render the resulting conversation privileged. It is only privileged if he was seeking and receiving legal advice, in which case the $10 is not really necessary. It might help to establish that he was providing the advice as a lawyer, but as long as that was clear to both parties payment isn’t needed.

I also wonder what the actual dollar value that “man of the people” Hannity refers to as $10…

3 Likes

He saw it on Breaking Bad?

4 Likes

6 Likes

So…he just removed attorney-client privilege from those discussions? Am I reading this right? (Also neither a lawyer nor an American.)

2 Likes

Yeah, my impression is that if they were working together then they would have known how unethical it was, and would have been very slick about communications regarding the matter. Maybe that’s why the FBI moved so quick on Cohen’s emails. What I meant by “both women got paid so it’s hard to say Davidson was working against his own clients” is that the payouts at least give the appearance he was helping his clients, but communications with Cohen might prove otherwise.

4 Likes

And then rejected for not being believable

9 Likes

“Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees.”
I’m sure he’s right. I’m sure there was nothing legal about the fees he paid Cohen.

10 Likes

Thank goodness there was no possible conflict of interest for him reporting on things involving Cohen and that he disclosed to his audience.

So - out of wedlock child or sexual harassment?

Likely just consulting on Admiralty Courts.

4 Likes

Shep certainly looks amused, at the very least.
https://twitter.com/moneyries/status/985959688083787776

5 Likes

This just keeps getting better and better.

1 Like