Seattle has vaccinated 78% adults against covid, says mayor

Originally published at: Seattle has vaccinated 78% adults against covid, says mayor | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Good news is very welcome these days. Thank you.

13 Likes

Good going, Seattlites. This is how it’s going to start shaking out. Urban areas – especially in sane states – are going to get above 80% full vaccination rates, but the country as a whole won’t reach herd immunity thanks to the Know-Nothings out in Ameristan.

9 Likes

We appear to be measuring by county not city, but Minneapolis/Hennepin county is over 70
% as well, and has been for a few weeks, as well as Cook, Olmsted, and Ramsey counties in Minnesota. I’m very relieved about all of this, since my son lives in Seattle and our friends’ cabin (which is the only place other than our house we’ve been going to this whole time) is in Cook County. I’m pretty worried about my students though. Rates were very high in the city where I teach last summer because the kids were meeting all day while parents were at work.

4 Likes

yes we’re quietly quite proud of this - and of our mask compliance. actually our mask compliance is so profound it’s difficult to see how we’ll ever gently back away from it…

9 Likes

Jeez if that doesn’t hit the nail on the head.

Although I am very happy to be able to wear my glasses at work again. I was getting tired of contacts every day.

6 Likes

My reaction (and my roomie’s as well) to the CDC announcement about the masks was “we will still keep wearing them, because we don’t want to be mistaken for republicans”.

(no apologies, or regrets.)

5 Likes

Seattle has vaccinated 78% adults against covid, says mayor

Well, I’d say I’m about 80% adult, so I reckon they’d be getting to me pretty quick.

6 Likes

SF is claiming 80%, because of lack of children who live in the city. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.