US exceeds 700,000 dead of COVID-19

Originally published at: US exceeds 700,000 dead of COVID-19 | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Or the entire state of Wyoming or Vermont.

Imagine if a couple of US Senators showed up at the Capitol and said “we have to submit our resignations because all our constituents are dead.” That’s the scale of death we’re at.

29 Likes

If only there was a vaccine :syringe: and it was free!

Virus Vaccine GIF by INTO ACTION

26 Likes

A few of them seem like they’ve decided that is what their goal is.

17 Likes

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

19 Likes

About half of my community cases are coming from kids- many of which can not be vaccinated. The other group experiencing an uptick in cases is people just around the right age to be parents to those 18 and younger.

I want all the vaccines for all the people so badly, but I think we also need to admit that adults (and some kids) being vaccinated is not enough to curb cases- at least not with this level of community spread.

6 Likes

An estimated 70 million eligible Americans remain unvaccinated, providing kindling for the variant.

Due to the Know-Nothing 27%, the U.S. will never reach herd immunity and Ameristan will remain as big a petri dish for variants as any poor country in the global periphery will. U-S-A! U-S-A!

16 Likes

It won’t stop all cases but it protects extremely well against hospitalization and death and probably reduces spread. High vaccine compliance among adults would also reduce the number of pediatric cases and give our doctors, scientists, and regulators more time to get the pediatric vaccines approved.

It isn’t 100% but the COVID vaccines are as close to a silver bullet as we get in medicine.

12 Likes

Worldometers.info lists the US Covid death toll as of 11:00AM PST to be 719,037 people. The current deaths based on the 7-day moving average are 1628/day. Daily new cases are averaging 108,453. More than 14% of the world’s total Covid deaths are in the United States. Sigh…

12 Likes

Meanwhile, 3 people died in Benghazi, and there were 10 Congressional investigations.

11 Likes

They also need to wear masks. Which the holdouts don’t want to do either.

5 Likes
10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.