Seattle person confuses Norwegian flag with Confederate flag

lilyhammer

6 Likes

Fly the Australian Red Ensign, that’ll really confuse them.

18 Likes

This is clearly a false flag operation.

27 Likes

All I can say is…

Uff da.

2 Likes

That’s no moon!

5 Likes

Canadian Bacon is a criminally underrated movie.

8 Likes

What you are leaving out of this story is the fact that the flag when spotted by the woman was just hanging there, limp. So it is really a forgivable error

Remember when respectable papers filtered out news stories from cranks and ignoramuses?

The ability to get publish isn’t strongly correlated with diligence or “common” sense.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that someone who can’t distinguish French from 'mexican writing’s isn’t going to be mollified by the fact that it’s legally mandated by the anti-english language commissars of Snow Mexico.

4 Likes

This is what happens when you tilt your head when looking at flags.

1 Like

25 Likes

God, it must be blissful to not know what the traitor flag looks like.

6 Likes

Medals by country
Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
Norway 14 14 11 39
Germany 14 10 7 31
Canada 11 8 10 29
United States 9 8 6 23
Netherlands 8 6 6 20

Norwegian fan happy for Olympic metal finals. Might be grasping at straws drawing any conclusions.

2 Likes

Did they make sure they aren’t aliens pretending to be Norwegian?

7 Likes

That person loves Nynorsk? How do they feel about Bokmål? Dare I ask about Høgnorsk?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Frank Tagliano aka Giovanni Hendricksen is in love with all of Norway.

6 Likes

The Stars and Bars was the national flag of the Confederacy. It isn’t widely recognized, so it wouldn’t draw weird looks.

You can Google the details, but in short, it a flag has any diagonal lines on it, it isn’t the Stars and Bars.

The flag on top of the Dukes of Hazzard’s car, which is what people generally mean by “the Confederate flag”, is not the Stars and Bars. Most people understand that that Dukes of Hazzard flag was never the national flag of the Confederacy. Among the relatively few people who are familiar with the phrase “Stars and Bars”, a surprisingly large number of people think it means the Dukes of Hazzard flag. It does not.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that she’s a Swede. We have a lot of them. That was one thing my Danish grandfather and my Norwegian grandmother could agree on; they were thankful they were not Swedish.

4 Likes

So you can buy one of these.

I did.

My right leaning father has some boy scout flag outside the house, which I replaced with this one.

A week went by without word 1. Them my mom came home from visiting her sisters, and it got taken down.

1 Like