Second Steele memo alleges Kremlin blocked Romney from becoming Secretary of State

I’m disappointed. It’s been two hours and not one brand new user with a vaguely British-sounding name has shown up to tell us “bits me why any body believes this man Steele.” Step up your game, Internet Research Agency!

9 Likes

I think they are all busy with Nunberg going Leeeeroy Jenkins right now.

10 Likes

Has anyone been able to unmask who owns the supposed 20% of Rosneft? I’m not sure if that stuff is legit but I do love conspiracy theories regardless.

1 Like

Impeachment is a political process, not a legal process. Whether a sitting President can actually be indicted is an as-yet-unsettled question.

6 Likes

Squirrel 

4 Likes

Anyone else think that cheeto was being vindictive by dangling the post in front of mittens just so he could yank it away.

2 Likes

Seriously, it’s just now occurring to people that nominating Putin’s best friend Tillerson as SecState might’ve been a directive from Putin?

6 Likes

Screw impeachment, charge him with treason.

6 Likes

Ain’t no time like the present to settle that!

2 Likes

He’s on the left.

2 Likes

YES. i’m convinced. no need to keep going.

2 Likes

why not both?

Knowingly acting against the interests of your country when those acts directly benefit an adversarial foreign power - I think that qualifies as treason.

2 Likes

Legal precedent doesn’t agree. Generally requires wartime (“war” is used specifically in the definition).

1 Like

coöperate

Noöne needs to use umlauts in English.

1 Like

Hard to say, but given that his support has been pretty steady for the last 8 months or so, despite all the shenanigans during that period, I’d suggest that the breaking point must involve something like the the small-fingered one and entire US Naval Academy Catholic Choir. Naked. In a glass box. In Times Square. On New Years Eve.

3 Likes

You’d be naïve to think that.

6 Likes

We haven’t had “war” for 50 years. We have had “war” though. I mean, we keep invading other countries with our military and killing lots and lots of “enemies”. But oh my stars, no war is too legally inconvenient to actually declare. It’d be politically unpopular. And there’d be riots and bombings if there was a draft.

6 Likes

Except there have been so few cases ever prosecuted in the US, there isn’t exactly much precedent to go on. Whiskey Rebellion and a handful of WW2 prosecutions don’t provide much insight for the information age.

There’s a pretty strong argument that the critical infrastructure of the United States (IE, or democracy and the ability of our central government to function) was attacked in a pretty devastating way in 2016. If a US citizen knowingly assisted in that attack, for the purposes of harming the United States, the argument gets a little more serious.

Of course, accepting that we were attacked would require responding in some way. Much easier for the current ruling junta in the US to just pretend it never happened, so that they can get on with dismantling civil rights, environmental laws, public health rules, etc…

6 Likes