Selena Gomez to play Linda Ronstadt in new biopic

Originally published at: Selena Gomez to play Linda Ronstadt in new biopic - Boing Boing

7 Likes

If any entertainer deserves a biopic, it’s Linda Ronstadt. An amazing voice, an amazing person.

21 Likes

Squeeeee!

9 Likes

What a great choice. I wasn’t familiar with Gomez’s acting (I mean, I knew she was on a Disney kids show, but I’d never seen it) until I saw her in Only Murders in the Building, and she is fantastic in that. And she can sing, obviously, so that’s a plus.

18 Likes

Please don’t hurt me, Mama!

6 Likes

Wow, perfect casting.

Oh my god, who’s going to play Emmylou Harris and Dolly?

8 Likes

Jenna Ortega and Miley Cyrus. (I’m fancasting…I have no idea)

12 Likes

… and Jerry Brown :thinking:

7 Likes

Steve Coogan?

9 Likes

My wife said Miley last night, but for Emmylou I have…

Weyes Blood! I think she’d be perfect and she’s a musician like Miley and Selena. Plus, I absolutely adore her music and would love to see her act occasionally like Sharon Van Etten.

10 Likes

I’m definitely going to see this. Gomez is a great choice.

11 Likes

Linda Ronstadt, featuring Andrew Gold, was the first concert I ever attended. It was at Syracuse University in either late 1976 or early 1977 and, IIRC, cost $4, possibly $6.

I wonder if the biopic will include her dating Steve Martin; he mentioned dating her in his autobiography when they were both working clubs in San Francisco before either hit the big time.

5 Likes

Selena Gomez?!? Oh, dear god, no!

Hmm. Ok, I’m probably going to regret asking, but why not?

7 Likes

Ariana Grande doesn’t much look like Dolly, but with the wig, make-up, and er, costuming, she would look enough like her. I’d guess they are close to the same height. Plus, I am willing to be that Ariana Grande can sing so that she sounds like Dolly Parton if she practiced a little. I saw Grande mimicking other singers quite well once. She could probably make herself sing like Ronstadt, too, if it came to that.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t be worried - I just think that she would be about as suitable playing Ronstadt as Joseph Fiennes was playing Michael Jackson.

And why is that?

7 Likes

Was he bad?

1 Like

Looking it up I see his name is Joseph Alberic Twistleton Wykeham Fiennes and I defy you or anyone to not step back in awe at such a name.

It’s…. Quite the flex.

7 Likes

Terrible.