Semi-truck flatbed carrying bee hives overturns (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/19/semi-truck-flatbed-carrying-bee-hives-overturns-video.html

5 Likes

@pesco

fetch mean girls GIF by Mean Girls on Broadway

9 Likes

So this only caused a small buzz in the community, yet the local reporters just droned on and on about it.

Sorry for the puns. I promise to bee-hive myself in future.

15 Likes

I’d be varroa suspicious something underhanded mite be going on, given all these veiled references. Driver might getting framed.

4 Likes

Oh the beemanity!1!!

4 Likes

12 Likes

What a difference Adee makes.

(Sorry, not sorry…)

3 Likes

Did they ever determine the cause of the crash?

17 Likes

I’m disappointed that no-one has posted a GIF of this happening on the Simpsons.

I have no idea if this ever did happen on the Simpsons, but it feels like something that should have happened on the Simpsons.

I’m havng a Mandela Effect moment…

3 Likes

homer simpson GIF

There’s a bunch of bee episodes, but no overturned truck that I know of

8 Likes

Homer did get the giant pile of sugar that attracted the bees from Hans Moleman’s crashed sugar truck though, so all the elements were there.

sugar-truck

And that wasn’t even the first time Homer benefited from a crashed truck:

giphy

Basically the show has been on the air so long that it’s possible to construct almost any conceivable real-world event by combining various Simpsons clips.

9 Likes

bees-tommy-boy

6 Likes

Why didn’t they get the locals to help out?

hope the bees didn’t suffer injuries

5 Likes

And here’s some bees falling off a truck for those that wanted it:

images

8 Likes

homer simpson episode 3 GIF

Frankly there have been a LOT of simpsons episodes involving bees.

season 4 bumblebee man GIF

6 Likes

In Arthur C. Clarke’s “Tales from the White Hart” there’s a truck crash that is all set up to sound like a huge radioactivity spill. Punchline: it’s bees.

2 Likes

Came here to make sure; now I can leave satisfied.

3 Likes

There’s this quote:

Homer : [attempting to get Bart out of Burns’ mansion] Or what? You’ll release the dogs, or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you? Well, go ahead!
Burns’ Heir

Couldn’t find a gif that worked as well as the quote.

Well, there’s this out-of-context clip:

(space ants)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.