Senate 98-0 passes resolution opposing Vladimir Putin's proposal to interrogate U.S. officials including McFaul & Browder

OMG - and the same day, the republicans voted to defund the election security fund

no, really, wait I’ll find a link

10 Likes

I’m thinking that fascists have no hard limits.

3 Likes

It’s sounds like you have less faith than I do, in villagers with pitchforks.

The internet has mutated “pitchforks” into stuff that the one percent cannot even imagine.

2 Likes

Historically speaking, violent insurrections, coups and revolutions tend to end badly in the long run, despite whatever noble intent they may start out with. You’ll forgive me if I reserve my ‘faith’ for more sustainable options…

9 Likes

Nothing unifies the political parties quite like their wet dreams of the Cold War, I guess.

1 Like

And you and me both are not going to allow that.

Fuck this shitshow, but if anyone thinks violence is the solution they are part of the fascistic problem.

Which reminds me that I have to strike Fight Club from my list of films I recommend for viewing.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear.

3 Likes

ROGER THAT.

I’ll only resort to violence if left with no other viable options.

5 Likes

But will not being a US citizen make Browder any safer? I wouldn’t put it past Trump to order a bit of extraordinary rendition from the UK to a defunct Walmart with blacked out windows somewhere in Texas. The FSB could “interrogate” him at their leisure and then… well, the Chihuahuan Desert’s a big place.

1 Like

Putin asks Trump for a British citizen living in the UK?

2 Likes

Update: President Trump Says He Wants to NOT Meet With Putin Again

7 Likes

its not tidy. its a long knotted rope of charges & convictions leading to a unkempt grave we cannot yet locate. both parties are experiencing the public fray called party those outside political circles have been seeing for decades. oh yeah…peace

I wouldn’t characterize them, necessarily, with your now bolded word, but am reminded that any revolution that depends on violence is, by definition, an authoritarian one and so should be generally avoided.

1 Like

If only they could have made the President unavailable for questioning by Putin. I’m afraid someone’s gonna say the words to unlock him now.

1 Like

Okay, who didn’t turn up.

There are 100 Senators, so two people must have abstained in this vote. Who are they and why?

I’m guessing that one is John McCain, who I think is currently too ill to attend?

6 Likes

If anyone thinks cowering from it or running away from it is the solution, same boat.

First They Laughed…

2 Likes

Because even that isn’t something we can count on any longer, sadly.

I think they recognize this is an existential fight for them - they’re an ever-shrinking minority - and they’ll do whatever it takes to survive as a party, even if that means destroying democracy and the country in the process.

I’m sure that although that’s the official position, Trump will still contradict it and undermine it when he talks about it. Just like with everything else Russia-related.

5 Likes

Agreed. There will be some version of “Oh I meant informal questions, maybe by email, and it’s such a good plan that we’re already doing it” by tomorrow.

Or at least I hope so. A non binding resolution that he acts against is a good sign.

1 Like

Even if it isn’t true, and saying it doesn’t make him look good, Trump will probably still say it. Even when the entire federal government makes it clear that no, this is definitely not happening, he’ll still probably be talking about it. That seems to be his modus operandi.

2 Likes

The other one is Richard Shelby

5 Likes