Senate confirms a homophobic climate change denier with no scientific credentials to lead NASA

I hope he finally addresses all those landing strips for gay martians out in the desert!

8 Likes

Standards have slipped. Back then, one used the fire of the gods to send men to the Moon. Now they have tiki torches.

12 Likes

All the bottom-feeders are having a heyday! :tired_face:

3 Likes

Looking for a bright side, how does that Oklahoma district look in November?

4 Likes

Kakisto - kleptocracy

4 Likes

That’s what sealed the deal for him as a Trump Guy™!

12 Likes

Yet. YET. Remember, Trump is the guy who gave the NY regional HUD position to his kid’s wedding planner (and that was her relevant experience). There is literally no depth to which he will not sink; the most ridiculous hypothetical position is simply one he hasn’t yet taken.

12 Likes

Rolled back regulations can be reinstated relatively quickly and easily when an administration is replaced. Re-starting cancelled climate-monitoring satellite development and deployment, however, takes much more time, and will result in data going uncollected. That’s the kind of thing that can have long-lasting and rapidly-compounding impacts that are felt far beyond the time frame of a temporary regulation rollback, and it’s the sort of decision this guy will have the power to make as administrator.

13 Likes

Well, that link was a wasted two minutes I’ll never get back.

1 Like

Fuck yeah, but I was trying to keep it classy.

9 Likes

I accept, and will run if nominated, and will serve if elected.

7 Likes

See?! An infinitely better choice!

3 Likes

Unless something exceedingly weird’s happened since I left Oklahoma, OK-1’s got to be one of the reddest districts going. Sen. Inhofe’s snowball has better chances in hell than this district voting for a Democrat.

2 Likes

I was actually hoping for the EPA job, since I have my CFC license. I know I got Pruitt beat, qualification wise.

6 Likes

Well, you’ve got my vote. Of course, I’m not actually American, but it’s my understanding that this doesn’t really matter, correct…?

7 Likes

Gay Martians? Huh, I assumed gay aliens came from further out.

5 Likes

Too bad. I was hoping that he was taking the job because he wanted at least three years of job security.

2 Likes

But they make their own landing strips. I don’t think they need the help of NASA.

4 Likes

For sure, there’s enough space for everyone.

3 Likes

What? No love for John Bolton?

2 Likes