Senate confirms a homophobic climate change denier with no scientific credentials to lead NASA

Somebody must love him.

1 Like

John Bolton is a time bomb with a mustache and I would have included him, but he was appointed to his position, not confirmed.

4 Likes

I mean, can’t we have anything nice anymore?

Is space itself not even safe from their clutches? There goes looking up at the night sky and dreaming of future explorers from a post bat-shit-crazy society.

Thanks tRump*

1 Like

“The former Navy Reserve pilot previously served as executive director of the Air and Space Museum & Planetarium in Tulsa, Oklahoma.”

Well, at least he’s not COMPLETELY unexperienced for a NASA position…

“During his tenure, the nonprofit suffered financial losses, and an investigation by the Project On Government Oversight found that Bridenstine used the nonprofit’s resources to benefit a company he co-owned…”

Oh. =o(

4 Likes

Should have said your mom/kids were watching over your shoulder. :wink:

2 Likes

If he nominated the salesperson that sold his youngest a telescope at FAO Schwarz we might be better off.

3 Likes

As @AirSpencer said:

In general, half of the Republican voters could simply stay home, and it would still be horse race.

3 Likes

FWIW, in this specific case McCain was absent from the confirmation vote due to illness. Fair point about Flake, though, who changed his vote for some reason after speaking with the majority whip.

2 Likes

I get it.

5 Likes

“Welcome to the swamp, Jimmy. We all float down here.”

5 Likes

Willfully stupid.

2 Likes

gA1cexj

2 Likes

assume he’s referring to von Braun and the rest of his merry band of “our nazis”. Certainly an important group, but not in charge of NASA.

4 Likes

That was sort of the point.

2 Likes

What the actual fuck? Like, why, how does any of this work, are there no actual people to choose from or something? What’s going on in here

2 Likes

…And all this science I don’t understand
It’s just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

If he weren’t homophobic, he might be an Elton John fan.

6 Likes

Nazis are pretty good at rocket science.

Thanks, Jeff Flake, you morally-corrupt asshole.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/politics/james-bridenstine-confirmation-vote/index.html

The Trump administration has made it its explicit, stated goal to nominate people into leadership positions who can destroy, undo, and upend the existing structure of whatever they’re leading. I’m not being facetious. They’re doing this on purpose.

14 Likes

Yeah, but did you see that giant American flag behind him? He’s a PATRIOT! That’s all the uninformed voter needs to know.

6 Likes

Would anyone remotely qualified and respectful of a given agency’s role even want a position in the Trump cabinet?

3 Likes