Senate Judiciary Committee finds Russia funded Trump campaign via the NRA

Not to mention electing an NRA President whose biggest claim to fame is “orchestrating secret illegal arms sales to Iran and funneling the profits to terrorists.”

23 Likes

Not at all. It was actually really hard to see if you didn’t already know it was there. Egregious page design and style formatting, and very poor choice of how to incorporate that link. When your lede sentence is “Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday released a preliminary report,” the link to the preliminary report should be those words, not buried in a non-obvious font four paragraphs later.

8 Likes

I did which is why I say there is no evidence of collusion. Those contacts are all old information and no one has been able to make an actual case for collusion based on them. I mean, yeah. It looks bad. But there is no actual evidence of collusion. That’s why Mueller hasn’t wrapped up the investigation yet.

2 Likes

You were merely outsourcing your reading comprehension. Winning!

4 Likes

That is certainly one conclusion you could reach about why Mueller’s investigation has not been completed. It’s not the conclusion I would reach…

7 Likes

You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Putin spent his formative years in the KGB, and he’s still KGB inside, so he recognizes all the ways the US is vulnerable, how laws can be bent, how social media can be gamed, and how to use people’s weaknesses against them. Imagine if social media existed during the height of the Cold War, the Soviets would take full advantage of it.

7 Likes

I am sure the Republican leadership will pursue justice with the same fervor as similar past events: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy?wprov=sfla1

1 Like

…a member of Russia’s central bank, hosted an NRA delegation in Moscow in 2013

I’m curious as to why a US national association is being hosted by a Russian Central Bank in Moscow? In a normal world, what does one have to do with the other?

6 Likes

It would be shocking if the Mueller investigation actually wrapped up that quickly considering how much new criminal activity is constantly coming to light.

It is completely normal for special counsel investigations to go on for several years. The Whitewater investigation into the Clintons’ real estate dealings lasted six over seven years and ultimately didn’t find much more than a lie about a blow job.

ETA: Here’s a chart for context. If anything the Mueller investigation has been tearing along at a record pace compared to every other special counsel investigation since 1973.

8 Likes

Well, Ollie North is going to feel right at home, it seems.

9 Likes

The identity politics of red team and blue team, is just as bankrupt as the identity politics of capitalist and commie. It was fucked up then, and it’s fucked up now. My only question at this point, is what it would take to un-fuck all of this, when so many of us are just clean out of fucks?

9 Likes

11 Likes

The Soviets seemed to do well with lateral thinking, like where the CIA recruited women to seduce powerful men, and the KGB recruited men to seduce the secretaries of powerful men… and to seduce male Cambridge Students too, I guess.

3 Likes

This combination of hubris, irony, and schandenfreude is exquisitely tasty.

3 Likes

Also far from a Trump fan, but the trial of one of the “Russian entities” begins on July 18, unless Mueller delays it.

We may soon see how much of this “mountain of evidence” stands up in court, or is even admissible.

3 Likes

Yep. As I posted 10 days ago,

Today’s NRA exists primarily as a vehicle to funnel money from Russia into American politics. Anyone who either joins or receives money from the organization is either an ignorant dupe or an enemy of the United States.

8 Likes

Might be a reader digest version but it actually went something like this.

Russia:“Hello comrade NRA, we would like donate money for you to use on the Trump campaign”

NRA: “Hey Donald, our war chest is busting to run ads for you warning of a potential WW3 with Russia if your not elected.”

Trump: “Great, let’s throw in some about the emails.”

NRA: “Hello Russia, we will run some ads with anti Russian rhetoric to get Donald elected. All the commercials with our affiliated channel will be flooded with them. Thank you for the 30 million, we will get our man elected.”

1 Like

No, they’re not pinkos. They’re just mistaken, misguided, misled, misinformed, misanthropic, deluded, barmy, stupid, fanatic, idiotic, imbecilic, cretinous, moronic, unbalanced, insane, demented, IQ negative, and full of shit.

3 Likes

Which is why we should impeach Cheetolini and throw him out so we can all unite behind a President who isn’t a worthless lump of shit.

Then all we have to do is wait for a candidate who isn’t a worthless lump of shit to show up, and vote him in. Shouldn’t take more than 6 or 7 generations…

3 Likes

In other dealings with Trump associated with his mishandling of funds from his charity; which his sons ALSO were found to be manipulating within their charities, his legal offices responded with “Its your job to find out.” It has also been suggested, or further dis or mis informed, that Trump knew nothing about whatever operations were being conducted. Isn’t this par the course for such things as the excuse from loan firms, that “no one told us NOT to” or CEOs supposedly not knowing what was going on within their own company? How many corporations now want their employees to violate policy to “keep the customer happy?” I personally know of one such individual who was under pressure to violate policy and the onus of responsibility would have been on his shoulders, not those who pressured him. Evidently this is the scheming and conniving manner with which business is now conducted. Its short term profits and a golden parachute Carly Fiorina style, and that being successful? Trump is just another symptom of the disease but is now in a position to be severely scrutinized like some gleaming ass tick with the tweezers poised for removal.

5 Likes