Senator Hawley uses phony Patrick Henry quote to support religious claim

Originally published at: Senator Hawley uses phony Patrick Henry quote to support religious claim | Boing Boing

4 Likes

If Hawley and his wife aren’t directly connected with Project Blitz, I’d be surprised.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Project%20Blitz

6 Likes

12 Likes

Yep. The fascist Senator’s wife was the one who submitted that reference to the fake client in the recent SCOTUS decision allowing businesses to discriminate against LGBTQ people.

11 Likes

17 Likes

“Josh Hawley is a fraud and a coward.” – Benjamin Franklin.

19 Likes

Highly recommend this thread in response to the idiot Hawley -

15 Likes

Fake clients and fake quotes. No wonder they kiss like that!

Untitled

6 Likes

“The founding fathers based the country on the Gospel of Jesus Christ - pay no attention to what they actually said on the subject!”

3 Likes

And now I have questions about the consummation of their marriage.

2 Likes

Josh Hawley, the Michael Scott of Congress.

6 Likes

Hey, that’s not fair to Michael Scott – Wayne Gretzky actually said that. In fact, he even quoted Michael Scott on the subject.

-Gretzky -Scott -Gretzky

10 Likes
6 Likes

A cursory search of google books shows that the quote has spread far and wide. It’s almost entirely “conservative imprints”-- and occassionally books that report on the christian nationalist subculture

““It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!” For a long time this quote, attributed to Patrick Henry, was one of [David] Barton’s favorite lines, picked up and repeated on innumerable Christian Web sites.”

2 Likes

Barton?

shocked philip j fry GIF

3 Likes

One of his connections is Project Blitz, of course.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#David%20Barton

1 Like

The fascists want their own Vatican and Inquisition. They want to bring back the dark age of The Crusades.

1 Like

This was his response:

“I’m told the libs are major triggered by the connection between the Bible and the American Founding.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.