Senator on Internet privacy committee has never sent an email

I don’t think this guy is a technophobe or a Neanderthal. This guy likely fully understands how email works and how powerful a written email is.

That sounds just like the kid in elementary school bragging he knows how sex works because he read about it in his mother’s Cosmo magazine.

The linked interview was about about Hillary Clinton’s email activities

But this discussion here is about the fact that the sitting Senator who is deciding the guidelines surrounding the future of the Internet, including the freedom from snooping or malicious actors (or both, in the case of the entertainment industry) has never written an email, 15 years after email was considered mainstream. The rightful lambasting of Hillary was in a different [thread][1]. (I’m sure that you, being new to BBS, must have missed it last week).

I think this politician fully understands how email works, but he chooses not to use it.

[citation needed]. Unless you know or work for the Senator personally?

The next time you see him, ask him to explain the basics of the SMTP protocol and its various shortcomings in the modern area; or maybe he could tell me the differences IMAP and POP3 protocols and the ramifications of some of the proposed IPv6 additions that could affect them. I’m sure it’s come up in his committee before.

This has nothing to do with technology literacy

Actually, it does. See above.
[1]: Hillary Clinton exclusively used private email account while conducting official secretary of state business

4 Likes