Senator Tammy Duckworth, a retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel, says she won't clap for "Cadet Bone Spurs"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/06/senator-tammy-duckworth-a-ret.html

10 Likes

Hah! At first I thought “What does a jellyfish have to do with Donnie Trump?”.

4 Likes

Scoring points by making fun of our big, dumb president isn’t especially difficult – literal children are doing it every day – but the Senator’s burn is delightfully on point. I know very little about her politics, but I’d absolutely offer her a high-five.

11 Likes

tumblr_oe51kniYe51u65kkjo1_540

28 Likes

11 Likes

Tammy Duckworth is almost a comic book caricature of a patriotic American. The kind of person Captain America would point to and say “she’s the REAL hero.” And I mean that in the best possible sense.

Also: she’s expecting her second child at age 49, which means she’s on track to be the very first person to give birth while serving in the US Senate. So many layers of badass.

40 Likes

Ditto that!

T%20Duckworth%20Jumps%20With%20US%20Army%20Golden%20Knights

Tammy Duckworth jumps with US Army’s Golden Knights, Nov08, 2016 Photo: Reuters

21 Likes

Treason for not clapping, huh? Might as well step up to pointing and laughing, then…

16 Likes

perhaps slow clapping next year or non-stop clapping throughout the speech. I assume clapping is protected by the 1st amendment.

8 Likes

If angrily shouting “You lie!” at the President is protected speech, then not making any noise whatsoever is definitely an offense punishable by death.

18 Likes

Dear Leader Kim Don Dump will not tolerate failure to apply proper jubilation to perfect statements of authoratitive source!

3 Likes

If we just clap harder his presidency will live!

Hungry%20Tinkerbell

6 Likes

One is a spineless venomous pest which is a hazard to all humans in the immediate vicinity. The other is a jellyfish.

13 Likes

He did manage to score a “resolution of disapproval” from Congress for that, so not exactly protected.

2 Likes

White privilege in motion. If it had been a woman or minority, off with their head.

2 Likes

That was a major burn.

1 Like

Wow…she’s pretty progressive…it’s amazing she ever got elected or allowed to run by the corporate DNC

3 Likes

Is that a verified quote?

Yes, I’m that old that I was there in Philly when he said it.

9 Likes

Wow, badass on many levels! Good for her!

2 Likes