Seven doctors tested positive for Covid-19 after meeting at an anti-vax conference

Originally published at: Seven doctors tested positive for Covid-19 after meeting at an anti-vax conference | Boing Boing

8 Likes

51 Likes
18 Likes

On of the many annoying things about these people is that Ivermectin is not unlimited in availability, and actually needed for treatments of some.human conditions. So people who actually would benefit from the drug are struggling to get it while idiots waste the supply. :man_facepalming:

32 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

14 Likes

d459a240cce8a40130bde1fd7d9f2e38

21 Likes

Dr. Ouroboros.

21 Likes

I’m tired of trying to dredge up sympathy for these people. You’ve had a year and a half. If you still refuse to be a grown up and acknowledge reality, please just stay home and expire there, and don’t tie up valuable medical resources for people who haven’t shot themselves in the foot. As for these brain geniuses being doctors, clearly the medical profession is better off with our you.

30 Likes

Not to mention the intended veterinary patients…

It’s not just a “horse dewormer”, it’s widely used for a number of parasitic issues in a number of species.

Now when you can get it, the price…

Luckily, there are other options for veteriarians (selamectin etc…)

23 Likes

Any surviving doctors who attended this event should lose their medical licenses, immediately. They’ve shown themselves to be fundamentally incompetent and a danger to both themselves and others.

Need a new name for those snakes eating their own bullshit…

25 Likes

hD9uPZb

Scatouroboros?

19 Likes

12 Likes

So when are they going to put Dr Boros in his think tank? He’s already coming up with the bad ideas that could lead to the world of Fallout.

8 Likes

Along those lines, how has Rand Paul not lost his yet?

10 Likes

Yeah, I still can manage some sympathy for people who aren’t educated, and who have been subjected to years of right wing propaganda, but these are doctors. They should know better. It’d be like a physicist becoming a flat-Earther (please, I’m begging you, if such people exist, I’d rather not know…I don’t think I could take it).

16 Likes

Because the licensing body that gave him one was created so that he would have a medical license.

17 Likes

Just goes to show, there are dipshits in every profession, even the ones that we hold in high regard where they are expected to be smarter.
Some dummy at UCLA who was (the key word, was) an anesthesiologist was getting press earlier this year for attending anti-vax rallies in Los Angeles.
Guy with likely a salary approaching 400K/year was willing to die on that hill and give up his career.
This quote, tho:
“But what they don’t realize is that I’m willing to lose everything — job, paycheck, freedom, even my life for this cause.” That is some dipshit.

14 Likes

“The doctor was so outraged over a new rule that he seceded — and started his own board.”

Wow, like those fake award labels cheap wine makers use. What an ass.

10 Likes

Fuck around and find out.

3 Likes

I bet there is a substantial overlap between the COVID-19 antivax folks and the “The government wants to take our meat away for the climate change hoax” populations.

Maybe pointing out that ivermectin is needed by ranchers to ensure their supply of bacon is a way to reach them? :man_facepalming: (Since they probably don’t care about other people not having access)

6 Likes