Sexy Beasts - new Netflix dating show where the contestants wear elaborate makeup and prosthetics

Originally published at: Sexy Beasts – new Netflix dating show where the contestants wear elaborate makeup and prosthetics | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m sorry, are any of you fine people Cardassian? I only date snake people.

9 Likes

Welp, the furry fandom goes:

ugh_bobs_burgers

9 Likes

“So, here we are.”

“Yup.”

“Great hotel room on a beautiful beach. Wonderful weather.”

“Yeah.”

“So . . .”

“You want me to put the wolverine suit on, don’t you?”

9 Likes

The weird thing that I haven’t seen mentioned many places is that this show was originally made for BBC Three/A&E in 2014? Interesting choice for a reboot.

5 Likes

The original Sexy Beast TV show first aired in 1987.

More like Ron Purrrrl-man, amirite?

22 Likes

The birth of the idea:
Netflix: We need a new show idea.

Brad: People like The Masked Singer - and the Bachalor/Bachalorette… what if we -does finger motion- combine the two.

Netflix. … … … Brad… you god damn bastard, that’s brilliant!

Cue the Anikin/Padme meme:

“Wait… why aren’t you wearing the woodchuck head?”

“Oh, that was just for the show right?”

“…”

“It was just for the show… right?”

Turns out - one previews better in twitter.

Just for the show
Just for the show2

7 Likes

in and out fingering GIF

1 Like

More power to them if it makes them happy. As for me, it just makes it easier for me to not want to watch television.

7 Likes

I didn’t see any “average” looking people in that promo (assuming it’s American).

Much like the Bachelor / Bachelorette they don’t really seem to represent the average person I see walking around in my area of the US.

Besides I expected full suits - hot people in form fitting clothes, what fun is that? You need the 6"2’ slender guy wearing a bear suit, just throw everyone off their game. Or everyone dresses like Baymax:

11 Likes

Cats: The Show

3 Likes

" […] the single will see the real face of their chosen match only after they’ve made their final decision […] "

Isn’t that true for every dating show?

5 Likes

I, a furry, am deeply concerned.

3 Likes

Oh, they don’t want reality. They want a “reality show” fantasy, based on whatever the folks in casting believe the audience wants to see.

Each episode will feature a new single who’s looking for love based purely on personality.

Sure, they are! That’s why the show is called Beautiful on the Inside Beasts, right? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Could save a lot of money just by putting up a wall, but I guess everything has to be a big thing.

3 Likes

Do you see those walls, though? They’re curved, run on some kind of fancy turntables or guide tracks for the big reveal, and they’ve got the 3D funkadelic lettering on them. Not cheap!

2 Likes

It’s described as a ‘reality show’…
In which twisted universe is this the reality? I have enough problems dealing with the realities of the universe I actually live in!

3 Likes

One of Netflix’s other offerings.

5 Likes

It’s been done.

1 Like

They have brought that back as well, although now it’s the Celebrity Dating Game. Three “normal” people vying to date a “celebrity”. I put celebrity in quotes because the last episode had Carson Kressley and Iggy Azalea. I did not watch it.

2 Likes