Shampoo king wants to become a "warlord" with a "quite sizable compound"

Henchmen will do, seeing as the kind of friends you can buy tend not to be worth it.

8 Likes

To paraphrase Norm in A Hard Day’s Night, I’ll bind them to me with promises.

6 Likes

Well surely an impressively vindictive contract for services, coupled with a rigid non- compete agreement and an NDA is at least as good at securing Battle of Maldon levels of loyalty as some pre-Web2.0 oath of fealty.

5 Likes

7 Likes

brad pitt film GIF

“Um, a beach resort?”

6 Likes

Minions are for the unambitious. I have maxions.

4 Likes

Thing is, the kind of people with a strong faith in hierarchical leadership tend to think of themselves as the natural top of that pyramid… The smart survivalist doesn’t want to be the Alpha Male warrior in charge, but the doctor. Be the guy that everybody else needs to keep alive and happy instead of the one they’re plotting to usurp at the first sign of weakness.

Not just farmers, but healers and makers as well- people who know how to craft and build stuff. That’s my zombie apocalypse strategy: I have a few gardening and livestock skills, but I also know how to build water pumps and composting toilets and wind/hydro generators from scrap, and how to make a passable aspirin or penicillin from tree bark or cheese. Bunch of other skills that will come in handy like leatherwork and carpentry.

The bandits and warlords might survive, but it’s the people who do useful stuff for each other that will thrive and rebuild.

That comment needs so many more likes. That’s the kind of shit I’m talking about.

This is one place rural folks have a big advantage. Growing food takes land. Cities, even large towns, simply aren’t sustainable without that kind of infrastructure. Sure, there’s some great stuff being done with aquaponics and vertical farming, but if there’s any kind of collapse, the rednecks aren’t exactly wrong about the cities falling first, and needing to defend what they have against mobs of hungry refugees. Even the well run and welcoming hippie commune type places would have a greater influx of people than they could provide for.

Anyone who really cares about the future should be thinking a lot about widely distributed architecture and localized scalability. Focus on producing food and energy as close to the point of use as possible.

11 Likes

Have they never heard of Klingon promotion?

7 Likes

Are they like cow magnets?

4 Likes

That’s where they have a Batdikk Swinging Contest?

7 Likes

Won’t your maxions be ambitious to take your place?

3 Likes

He totally forgot about modern day serfs and what they’d use instead of pitchforks.

5 Likes

“Thin Strips of Objectivist Jerky” - band name, or album name?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.