Share your musical projects

As discussed in How badly do streaming services rip off musicians? A chart, updated musicians don’t make much from their streams. As several people mentioned being in the music industry or making music as amateurs, I thought it could be nice to share the music we’ve been making with each other. Maybe some of us can even make a few cents.

My band, The Mieters make nederbeat: the Dutch version of the beat music of the early 60s. So, 60s inspired garage rock with lyrics in Dutch. Our latest EP contains 3 garage rock stompers and 1 instrumental surf track, and can be found on bandcamp and the main streaming services (Spotify, iTunes, etc).

So, where can we find your music?

4 Likes

Great sound, solid rhythm section!

1 Like

Naaktstrand kinda reminded me of the summer holidays with my parents in Cadzand-Bad in the mid-1960ies to mid-1970ies.

Any gigs this year in the Limburg/Gelderland/Overijssel area?

1 Like

Thanks! We’ve just one more gig, and that’s in Almere. After that we probably take a small break from performing gigs: 2 of the guys are becoming father in the next few months. We’re still planning to record a Christmas song though. Any pointers for cool venues are welcome!

We just recorded a video clip for Naaktstrand (nude beach for the non-dutch speaking people). It premiered today. Shot on the beach in Wijk aan Zee.

2 Likes

This one, next friday?
http://www.songkick.com/venues/3131764-endzjin
If so, I’m afraid I can’t make it due to a previous engagement.
Well, break a leg; and good luck to the soon-to-be dads!

As to the Christmas song: last year I was at the Afsluitdijk monument. It was a windy, overcast day, and on the pedestrian bridge there were four monks from Tibet in orange robes taking pictures of each other, having lots of fun. It had a surreal, but oddly gratifying vibe to it.
I could see a couple of guys dressed up in x-mas gear doing a song there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.