Twitch mutes live Metallica concert and replaces stream with generic library music

Originally published at: Twitch mutes live Metallica concert and replaces stream with generic library music | Boing Boing

11 Likes

They’re not going to see the irony. They were meathead set pieces for the Napster trial, and I doubt they have any better understanding these days.

It’s not like they’ve made any good albums in the last 30 years. I don’t know that I would want to see them live… There’d be too much “new” stuff in the set.

18 Likes

This is what happens when you leave the computer in charge! #computersincharge

4 Likes

Honestly the random music on top makes them more palatable

6 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving group of shitheads. F— Metallica

16 Likes

LOL, 8-bit Up Your Ass doesn’t really seem as dangerous or threatening.

7 Likes

the group needed this to happen. the demanded it.

6 Likes

I for one welcome the forthcoming Butlerian Jihad.

10 Likes

27 Likes

OMG - Metallica and Napster - I haven’t thought of that in a long time. Remember the old Camp Chaos Flash animations?

OK - they haven’t aged well - but they were funny in the day.

4 Likes

Can I add a particularly special “FUCK YOU LARS!”?

10 Likes

Ouch. Oh to have a time machine and show this to someone in 1984.

14 Likes

Oh god. The fact that it’s Metallica is just too perfect.

11 Likes

9 Likes

lol agreed!

A karma boomer-ang, if you will.

(I’ll see myself out.)

5 Likes

Obligs:

3 Likes

Oh yes, I was hoping someone would post that for the young’ns who don’t remember Napster. I remember someone I knew was a big Metallica fan, he downloaded a song that was not available on any of their released albums (I don’t remember what it was, some rare track I guess). I believe he got blocked from Napster. He was no longer a Metallica fan. The amount of CDs and concert tix he would have spent money on, compared to one song…

Real question though, is anyone who uses twitch old enough to like Metallica?

1 Like

I love it when karma comes to visit.

Yes. There are streamers and viewers my age and older, and I just turned 49. The oldest person I’ve run across in chat is 60 years old. It’s not just for “the youths”! :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes