Shark Tank tonight: Ingenious pop-up shelter invented by Pesco's brother

So I watched the Shark Tank episode and it was a bit of a tear jerker. Good pitch, and good response by the “sharks.” Glad he was able to get an investment from the one that was the best match. Congrats to Rick and the @pesco clan!

I do see utility of these kinds of pop-ups - I don’t (yet) attend any kids sporting events but having played sports as a kid (and being “on the bench” a lot), it makes sense for both kids and adults.

I am in the world of social enterprise though, and happen to be in San Francisco at the moment, which had a pretty large homelessness problem. So my mind goes to how to make (and whether it would make sense to make) some kind of similar shelter for the homeless…

8 Likes

You need to get around the homeless camp / tent confiscation laws if you go that route. Otherwise, you’re better off with waterproof clothing.

9 Likes

That makes me sad.

7 Likes

It’s not like there are cities that say what the homeless are allowed to have…

Oh yeah…

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-homeless-chicago-wagon-plant-mattress-possessions-1109-20151106-story.html

7 Likes

That makes me mad.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.