Sheriff Joe rally beautifully upstaged

Why is it that the people who insist that immigrants have impeccable English language skills always seem to have such terrible spelling and grammar?

20 Likes

if i was dancing in mexico and picked up …they would ask to see my papers

when i was in sinola with friends eating/swimming/4x4 /etci got stoped 5 times asking if i had papers to be this far inside mexico.all i was doing was driving 2 times while eating out 2 times at beach

And with his every reply, he continues to hammer home proof of your point.

4 Likes

Funny, I’ve danced in Mexico many times, and never once been “asked to see my papers.”

Amazing how racists assume that every other country must think just like them.

9 Likes

And even if that were true it hardly seems like the kind of example to aspire to.

10 Likes

Nope. I generally think that people mocking anger, hatred and racism with fun and dancing are pretty fucking A-OK in my book.

I like these folks too:

21 Likes

but… WHO were you stopped by? The police in the line of their duty, or a bunch of yahoos waving signs and shouting? Because the police aren’t stopping the happy dancing guy in this video.

1 Like

Well did you?

If you’re a visitor in the USA, you need a permit to go beyond a certain distance from the border. Its pretty standard stuff.

5 Likes

if you ask for a permit in usa … thats only what bigot racist cops do

police federal/police etc sinola is under federal police when i traveled

There are no laws against sick dance moves.

3 Likes

Mind blown.

1 Like

why?!? its what people are saying < in this thread even>…why is mind blown? Joe sheriff did alot of weird crap but what got him in trouble is asking people for there papers…asking for papers i guess now is being a bigot/racist even tho its the law

I’m really not getting your point.

Are you saying that the only possible reason for a cop wanting to see your immigration papers/visa/tourist visa waiver are if they are racist bigots? If so, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the video being discussed. The people hurling abusive language at dancin’ guy were not law enforcement agents.

4 Likes
  • It’s racist because they’re only asking “certain people” to see their papers. When was the last time you heard of someone being harassed because someone thought they looked Canadian?
  • In the United States, enforcing immigration law falls to the Federal government and not local law enforcement agencies. Sheriff Joe and his minions have no more business asking for your papers than they do auditing your tax return.
11 Likes

Mostly because that’s not his job. That’s the job of the Border Patrol.

Let’s see, what else has ol’ Joe been up to…

Erected a tent city (“concentration camp” to use his words) for pre-trial prisoners that kept them in 145 degree heat.
Fed prisoners contaminated food.
Not bothering to investigate rapes of minors.
Targeted political opponents and created millions of dollars in settlements for everyone he accused.
Racially profiled constituents.
Misspent a hundred million dollars.
Violated election laws.

So, yeah, you could say it’s been a few things though the years.

11 Likes

Yeah, well, we ‘legally’ imported a lot of folks over the course of 300 years or so. Didn’t do much to stave off racism. It’s been around long before this current dilemma.

1 Like

Dude is my new hero. Seriously.

No. What has gotten Sheriff Joe in trouble is the years of oppressive behavior he and his force demonstrated.

3 Likes