Sheriff's deputy taken to hospital after eating seized drugs he thought was "candy"

Originally published at: Sheriff's deputy taken to hospital after eating seized drugs he thought was "candy" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Oh, i guess we found who eats all those “drugs disguised as Halloween candy” we keep hearing about. No wonder they tell you to bring your kids candy in to check.

23 Likes

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

8 Likes

The process is working as it should.

10 Likes

I’m seeing air quotes on “thought”

6 Likes

Sloppy chain of custody. And a too peckish sheriff.

3 Likes

My guess is: he knew they were likely edibles and figured no one would miss a couple. Took them, thought they weren’t shit and took more - and then it kicked in and he was waaayyyy tooooo hiiigghhhh.

21 Likes

“safety”

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

20 Likes

“Accidentally”

10 Likes

that will happen.

He probably also has a lifetime ban from shopping at Bulk Barn.

You just know that he’s one of those samplers.

5 Likes

So he literally stole from seized evidence? Is he being prosecuted?

13 Likes

What is the world coming to when your food isn’t even safe from the cops at the station? I wonder if he eats other cops’ lunches from the staff refrigerator? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

h86684259

4 Likes

It’s OK. He was high at the time.

4 Likes

ahhhhh fuck this gif, man

2 Likes

In Texas, a Harris County Sheriff’s Office deputy was taken to a hospital after consuming seized drug he says he thought was “candy.”

1. No, no he didn’t think that.
  2. Even if he DID think that (and, again, he didn’t), maybe don’t steal other people’s property for your own use?
9 Likes

The lowest possible explanation of silliness here is that he ate unidentified and likely unwrapped candy that was sitting out at work. Which… ewww.

1 Like

Unfortunately Texas is one of those states where Asset Forfeiture is both common and easy for police. Dude probably just assumes once illegal stuff has been seized it’s effectively his.

2 Likes

I figure there are three possibilities here: the scenario they’re suggesting, in which evidence was grossly mishandled and left sitting around on a desk where someone thought, “Oh cool, someone brought in candy to share!”, a situation where someone stole evidence and then maliciously presented it to someone else as if it were candy, or a deputy ate these things right out of evidence, knowing full well what they were, and freaked out because they thought they were going to die from being too high and then someone tried to paper it over when they went to the hospital.

In all of those situations, it seems like someone needs to get fired at the very minimum. Though also the whole situation seems rather suspect. Someone called the cops because they thought they had a break-in, and the cops just happened to find a bunch of boxes of drugs, which were clearly identifiable as such, just sitting around in plain sight? Uh huh.

2 Likes