Shipment of human skulls impounded by Mexican authorities en-route to U.S.

Originally published at: Shipment of human skulls impounded by Mexican authorities en-route to U.S. | Boing Boing

5 Likes

To be fair, it doesn’t really seem like that office would attract a lot of bribes. If someone told me those guys were all straight arrows, I’d believe it.

2 Likes

So they thought that they could foil a technology which is regularly used to inspect bones?

5 Likes

wait. weren’t there supposed to be seven heads in the duffel bag?

13 Likes

Ha! I used to say this exact same thing about their tequila regulatory agency.

9 Likes

Shots all around!

Heads will roll.

11 Likes

What’s in the box?!?

20 Likes

The obvious question that immediately leaps to mind is: were these people (recently) murdered? Drug gangs are certainly creating a lot of corpses, so it makes a sick kind of sense that they’d try to create revenue streams out of that. Best case scenario they dug up a historical grave/archaeological site; whatever the case, sending human remains through the mail without proper permits is the least of what they’ve done…

3 Likes

Is someone in Manning, South Carolina checking a tracking site to see where his package has got to, or is this the ultimate in weird drop-shipping?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Well, that’s keeping their heads.

2 Likes

This is probably the best case scenario.

https://www.reddit.com/r/germany/comments/px3max/what_happens_to_the_remains_after_someones_lease/

Not sure that Mexico has adopted that custom.

From an archeological point of view, these remains are now useless because they have no provenance.

4 Likes

When the Burr Oak Cemetery grave reselling scheme was investigated, bones were sticking out of the ground. Could be that another cemetery is trying something similar, but tried to make money off of the remains.

1 Like

Mexico’s cemeteries offer no eternal rest

I mean, theoretically, the body decays within a finite time, but probably not within seven years.

2 Likes

You should alert someone on issues like this… @orenwolf, take note!

1 Like

@beschizza - Leaders can’t fix the main page!
(you beat me to calling for oren.)

1 Like

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

Whenever a technical issue comes up, it’s always a great idea to specifically @ someone who can fix it… Orenwolf is your best bet!

Happy new years!

2 Likes

Yeah, but Southwest Airlines lost that duffle bag, & these are replacements for some of 'em.

4 Likes

Hobby Lobby order intercepted again!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.