Shocking: Trump campaign official insists President Trump has never lied

I agree that for many if not most of them it is. I’m just allowing for stupidity in the mix.

Absolutely agree here. They like their bullies and they like them obvious.

9 Likes

My sister is one of these. I pointed out to her that the NYT had counted at least 12,000 lies not long ago, and she did one of those LALALALALA I CAN"T HEAR YOU things. She only consumes Fox and Limbaugh, nothing else.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: I assume anything Donald Trump says is a lie unless backed by evidence.

5 Likes

Surreality in a nut(house) shell:

Sound up!

7 Likes

FRENCH BAND LEADER: Just to be clear, your boss requested [reading memo] “that huge music from the space movie with the monkeys and astronauts and the crazy computer you know the one not Planet of the Apes but the other one”? Oui, bien, we’ll give that to him, alright.

[sadly it may be a fake. Still funny, though]

7 Likes

What’s the other one?

“It’s not a lie if you don’t get caught.”

3 Likes

TRump’s version: “it’s not a lie if I don’t like the truth”

5 Likes

One of the things that people tend to pass over is that a lot of Trump’s rhetoric isn’t lies, bullshitting, or general evasiveness.

A lot of it is “entertaining as a wrestling heel” which means he’s saying the most extreme position on something purely to tap into that wrestler drama. He’s still racist and self-servingly corrupt and dangerous to every group he’s bigoted to, but I think for the most part, he’s only committed to his public speech as far as it gets some immediate reaction, like a wrestler’s rant. (Most reports about his private speech pointed to unguarded white supremacist bigotry that runs deeeep.)

It’s not some far-off metaphor. He modelled some of his post-1980 persona on Vince McMahon, and vice versa. People always think of the businessman/reality tv angle, but his wrestling connection tells so much more about how he approaches politics.

6 Likes

McEnany went on to state, “Trump am very stable genius who make America great again. Me not end interview now. Hello.”

4 Likes

The thing, of course, is that Trump is on nobody’s side but his own. His actions are hurting his supporters and voters all the time, but they are either too stupid to notice, too indoctrinated to accept it’s Trump’s fault, or too full of spite to care as long as he keeps hurting the Other they hate.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Probably more like, “It’s a lie but that’s okay because I did it and everything I do is okay. You pointing out the lie, on the other hand, is not okay, because I don’t like you.”

5 Likes

I can always tell when Agent Orange is lying; his lips are moving…

You could say the same about pretty much any state or territory and then find something to back it up with, to some degree, afterwards, though. Not because the US has been especially corrupt, but because you’ll always find bad apples if the barrel you’re looking in is big enough.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s way more accurate.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.