Shooting at South Carolina's Townville Elementary school injures 1 teacher, 2 kids. Teen suspect arrested

Thanks for the update; I’m not getting many new details from CNN. Can you point me to your news source?

1 Like

That’s why, while I appreciate the satire, I couldn’t click “Like” on his comment.

2 Likes

I kind of aggregated it myself, from Asheville and Greenville news. We live near there part of the year. I should have put links.

2 Likes

What ever happened to just listening to Nine Inch Nails or Morrissey and cutting yourself???

6 Likes

My advice for people who want to shoot innocent kids is that they should shoot themselves first, then shoot the kids.

6 Likes

Right now watching the local press conference. A reporter asked a very stupid question- “How incredible is it that more people were not shot?”

1 Like

There’s a humor book called Etiquette for Outlaws. It talks in depth (and tongue very much in cheek) about tattoos, firearms, drugs, prison, etc. The last chapter is (appropriately) about death, in which the authors discuss how to go out in a blaze of suicidal glory. This sounds horrible, I realize, but they do a great job of making it light-hearted and tacitly anti-suicide.

Anyway, at one point they discuss the infamous ‘murder-suicide’. Their curt advice on this was (and I’m paraphrasing, as I don’t have the book anymore):

If you plan on killing someone, we recommend first trying it out on yourself.

8 Likes

The reporter says the girl approached him and said that. He wasn’t seeking out an interview with a 4-year-old.

3 Likes

It’s one thing to be the overworked and underpaid educater shepherding 30 children through their letters and numbers and get faced with this horror.

Now imagine that all those parents (who keep voting for governments that make your job harder) now expect you to transform into Dirty Harry.

The next shooting will feature Mr Parent complaining that Ms Williams from kindergarten was a poor shot.

5 Likes

Appx. 1 in 5 people in the USA do. What’s your point, other than stigmatizing the mentally ill?

9 Likes

Sigh.
Look, you’re new here, and maybe it’s not clear yet, but we try hard not to stigmatize here- and to back our claims with evidence.
So: if you have evidence that this young man suffered from a specific mental health issue, let’s hear it. If not, mind your manners (and trying to call out someone for “anger management” is neither a diagnosis nor good manners).
Welcome.

9 Likes

Ah, I see. Because this child did something you don’t understand, the burden on you to provide any evidence for your assertions drops to "none."
You spent your first post in this thread expressing your hope that the minor involved here would have his full information released by the authorities. Now you’re arguing that there’s no need for such pesky details as “evidence” when making claims about that minor’s mental health.
I’m done with you, troll.
Goodbye.

8 Likes

You know that most of these shooters are white Christian men, right? Which of those components do you think is most likely to cause mental illness? Or do you think whites, Christians, and men are all equally unbalanced and thus dangerous?

Care to reevaluate your assumptions now?

5 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.