Shootout in Oregon: one terrorist killed, eight arrested

Looks like his real name is Sean Anderson, but his occupation handle was JoesephCool7.

11 Likes

This approach always works when negotiating with the authorities.

11 Likes

Oh. He’s the subject of this whole “Drop the charges and nobody” dies thing.

Fry said an FBI negotiator told them the fifth man has a warrant for his arrest for the federal charge of conspiracy to interfere with federal employees. Federal authorities have used that charge to arrest 11 occupiers in the past two days.

Fry identified the man as “Sean,” a possible reference to Sean Anderson, a militiaman from Idaho.

Although I should be careful to distinguish posturing from actual crimes, no matter how animated that posturing might be.

4 Likes

Ooh, one of my favorite tropes!

5 Likes

Just after the “Drop the charges and nobody dies” quote, Fry helpfully explained, “We’re being reasonable.”

6 Likes

Righteous indignation and jackasses on a message board?

12 Likes
4 Likes

1 Like
We're asking them to just drop the charges, and nobody dies.

Be reasonable Al. We’ll give you a box of Kellog’s Raisin Bran.

4 Likes

If there is one thing I’ve learned today, it is that you are the reasonable one in a sea of idiots. Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

16 Likes

I see what you did there.

Where’s JosephCool8?

12 Likes

They left them alone because they didn’t want to instigate a likely bloodbath, which would have ignited tensions everywhere.
Sit them out. Let them get bored, tired, hungry. It’ll end so much nicer for everyone in the end. One guy got shot. Until any footage is released, speculation is stupid. If the cops had been heavy handed they’d have all arrived downtown with black-eyes and bruises. Not the case AFAIK.

The dead don’t get special respect just because they’re dead. They take it just like everyone else has to.

4 Likes

No reply from @Mister44? Now I’m disappointed.

3 Likes

heh.

4 Likes

“vowing to leave only if asked by local residents”

So they’re ignoring that local residents asked them to leave weeks ago. Color me surprised. Just don’t get any surprise on my camo.

12 Likes

For those who don’t know, the LOIC DDOS tool is a practical joke on the gullible and stupid.

Someone posts messages to download and use it against PayPal and others, with lots of “We Are Legion”, “We Have Strength in Numbers, Brothers and Sisters”, “We Are Anonymous and You Are Too” posturing. The targets simply send the IP addresses of the attackers to the FBI or the equivalent in their country. Who shortly after show up at the doors of those using it, seize their computers, and press charges.

It targets the sort of person who, upon hearing similar “We Are Legion”, “We Have Strength in Numbers, Brothers and Sisters” claims, feels invincible enough to leave the occupied compound in a stolen government truck to get snacks at Safeway.

(Truth be told, even I’m mildly offended and disturbed by this comparison. Could someone please post a reasonable and concise explanation for why I’m goddamned stupid for making it?)

1 Like

I love how they put it in the early morning update… the “FBI lied”, and they can’t freely go… because one person isn’t being allowed to walk away.

Wow, that is shockingly un self-aware. When he gets into the irony of their armed protest being some big deal when their intent is so clearly good, while as he says nobody cares the same way about urban protests full of unarmed murderous evil-doers…

I’m just sad for these people. They’re idiots. Sheltered, misled, idiots.

7 Likes