Shopper brandishes gun in Walmart fight

Is there any more available information about what happened in the lead up to this?

Because from what I can see, there are two people in an altercation, with one of them already on the ground and clearly in distress, a couple employees standing around doing nothing about it, and a third party pulling a weapon and ordering the combatants to stand down.

To be honest, at face value, I’m not sure I see a problem here- But that genuinely hinges on what happened over the previous few minutes.

5 Likes

The woman on the ground getting her hair pulled is the daughter of the woman who pulled the gun. One of the reasons I doubt I’d carry (even if I lived in a state where I could get a CCW) is that it gives me the support to escalate in that situation. I mean, if I have a gun and two people are attacking my kid, I’m going to pull that gun, plain and simple.

Of course, how the fuck to you let it escalate to a fight over a goddamned notebook? “You want it so bad, take it you [!@)(!@)(#]” and leave it at that.

15 Likes

wait WHAT

2 Likes

People, it’s okay. This mom is just getting ready for the school-shooting season–the massacres won’t start until later in the year. This was just a light afternoon brandishing.

11 Likes

So, a mother pulled a firearm to end a criminal assault (carried out by what appears to be two adults) on her daughter in a Wal-Mart. I’m not a big fan of people carrying guns everywhere but I’d say that the defense of your family while they are being physically assaulted is certainly one of those times. I expect this opinion will be unpopular but, at the end of the day, if someone were to assault my kid, I think all bets would be off.

12 Likes

29 Likes

Yep.

As for black male Wal-Mart shoppers, don’t even try to buy a gun. Not even a BB gun.

20 Likes

Fully armed. I count at least 10 bystanders who weren’t armed.

2 Likes

Fully armed–can you quantify “armed”? I think you’re either armed, or unarmed. Can you be partially armed?

A fully armed populace is what the OP and I were going for (or I was, at least).

Note: I do not believe this foolish narrative one bit. It does happen to be the only logical conclusion of the gun lobby’s agenda to arm every human and let the bullets sort out the “good guys”.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised this doesn’t happen more often.

2 Likes

Fully armed and operational

5 Likes

Lady I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave the store.
687474703a2f2f36362e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f65323861303532303864333266366135633438373538323438383430666634392f74756d626c725f696e6c696e655f6f623574316b6a357a51317370386837655f3534302e676966

24 Likes

So I finally see one of these working in real life:

Actually, the woman with the gun demonstrated some self-restraint there…nobody got shot, after all.

It looked like she was attempting to stop an assault on the girl who was on her knees, having her hair pulled.

Pro-concealed carry folks are going to have a field day, with this.

4 Likes

I didn’t even know that was a thing. Headed to Walmart right now and you better believe I’m bringing the artillery.

On a serious note, though, Walmart has kayaks on clearance right now. I got one and it meets all of my strenuous kayak requirements: it’s fun and it doesn’t sink.

I was thinking a similar thing. If her daughter had it first and then was being assaulted by two other women, then there is a justification for her to pull the gun to stop the assault.

However, without any previous footage there’s only about 5 people in the world who know what really happened, and everyone in this thread is just guessing.

10 Likes

Bringing a gun to a WalMart fight sounds like a natural progression from bringing a knife to a gun fight. Most I am sure do not consider WalMart a weapon in the same sense, but I strongly suspect that corporatism indirectly kills and cripples far more people through economics than die in firearm-related incidents.

6 Likes

More white-on-white gun violence.
What else would we expect from those people?

22 Likes

Toys today. Food tomorrow.