Shopper brandishes gun in Walmart fight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/04/shopper-brandishes-gun-in-walm.html

1 Like

Disgusting. This encapsulates all that is wrong with modern society. If only people would turn their phone sideways when shooting video, we could avoid this horror.

107 Likes

I thought that the word was that a fully armed society would be a polite society.

WTF?

33 Likes

Which aisle has the body armor?

11 Likes

Well. As long as the gun-toting maniacs stay at Walmart I’ll be safe.

25 Likes

When Kid Rock becomes Michigan’s new senator, he’ll stick up for everyone’s right to conceal carry at WalMart

(yes, I am being sarcastic)

8 Likes

I like the response of the Walmart employee - turn around and clear the area. Just as any sane person would do, and there is no wage worth challenging an armed crazy person, certainly not a Walmart wage.

40 Likes

Which was the “good guy with a gun”?

Asking for the NRA…

48 Likes

#LateStageCapitalism

18 Likes

He was at Target

40 Likes

Having worked at Walmart, I can say with 100% certainty that nothing that store sells is of high enough quality to be worth fighting for, much less pulling a gun for. Walmart customers baffle me. I worked 2 Black Friday sales there. The first one, the sale didn’t officially start until 6 am, but the store is open 24/7, so the managers told a few of us to guard the sale merchandise and not let anyone grab it early. The second customer I told couldn’t have the sale items yet looked at me like they wanted to start a fight. I backed away and made no further effort to guard the merchandise. I didn’t get paid enough for that kind of bullshit.

26 Likes

Throw a dead rat into a hog pen and you’ll get pretty much the same results.

7 Likes

Where the fuck was a gun warranted in that situation? Fucking threatening lives to break up a catfight? That customer should be arrested for assault.

5 Likes

Dear people at Walmart - there is NOTHING worth fighting over in the whole store. Not even the exclusive 3.75" Black Series Prototype Boba Fett in all white that I am looking for.

15 Likes

And loose her right to carry. Like most of us, she obviously does not have the temperament to carry a gun.

18 Likes

Well, the fight did stop. All’s well that ends well?

2 Likes

Hold on. Are telling me this incident did not end in an arrest?!?

If so, I’m quite literally horrified, but honestly I’m having a very hard time believing it. Surely someone called 911.

10 Likes
17 Likes

My God, this is beautiful.

2 Likes

Exactly what it’s like to live in America.

3 Likes