Show your desktop!

The foreground is too clotted up with icons to show, but the background is this picture (which I saw in @xeni 's twitterstream).

3 Likes

Mine looks like that but black and the recycle bin. I like a non cluttered computer desktop.

5 Likes

and to complete the collection of desktops I use regularly - my personal computer has XZ Tauri as background

4 Likes

Two monitors, side by side, that update themselves from Random hubble shots.

8 Likes

Sorry for the potato quality.

14 Likes

My desktop’s desktop I never really look at: it’s the default Mint KDE wallpaper, and the only thing I’ve added is a widget showing disk use. All one could tell from it is that it’s v17.1, a few versions out of date, and that my /root partition is getting pretty full. Both of these will be corrected when v.18 finally comes out.

My laptop desktop is this:

so again, although I’m using one of the most personalisable (and resource-hungry) desktop environments around, I don’t think I’ve changed its looks at all, beyond putting Princess Kaguya on it and changing the clock to show HH:MM:SS. This is evidently a chronic failure of imagination: I used to use Crunchbang on my variously creaky laptops, and I don’t think I ever changed its appearance from the default shown below.

4 Likes

Brutally crunched to fit upload limits; my actual desktop is a slow slideshow of images from the Library of Congress collection of photos and blueprints of the ‘Safeguard’ radar complex out in North Dakota.

There’s something fascinating and alien(more so than a lot of purpose-built ‘aliens’) about that giant concrete pyramid sitting in the middle of vast emptiness and watching for the end of the world.

11 Likes

I took this photo in July 2014 , NH’s White Mountains – the view of Mt Adams from Mt Jefferson. It had been cloudy and while we were lunching on Jefferson things cleared up nicely.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s him, transporting his cast iron cookware. But I’d know for sure if I could see his flip phone.

4 Likes

5 Likes

What I use on my phone: The river bottom of the Grand River in summer 2012 during the huge drought. The combination of the extremely low water level and all the local colleges with bored youngsters meant that there is all kinds of art now sitting at the bottom of the river.

3 Likes

(Personal photo from the Monterey Bay Aquarium)

8 Likes

Above Gatchman pic is my desktop in KDE. My Gnome desktop (where I am now) is currently this one:

5 Likes

You all make me want to start using wallpapers again.
my current lock screen for my win 10 machine

5 Likes

Can’t seem to find the original.

This is one of them.

It may just be me but the concept of my desktop - as in a “home” or “daily driver” - is to me at least, no longer just one device. It is the aggregate of multiple.

Ex: I’m currently oscillating between three devices just on this post.

7 Likes

Oh, on the tablet…

10 Likes

why am I not surprised that your background looks like an explosion in a colour factory?

4 Likes

Needs colour cycling, IMO. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is clearly used to store grain. don’t believe anything your government alleges.

6 Likes

Your desktop is a frickin Prysm wall?!

I mean I work with those but the computer on my desk looks more like

bonus points for identifying the source

3 Likes